Thread: "My Profile" visitor messages:

Default "My Profile" visitor messages:

How do I get rid of all the visitor messages that I supposedly deleted? They say deleted, but the list is still there. I like all those people, but no use keeping old answered messages. Same for topics on the ice fishing group page; deleted, but still there.

I can delete them for you, I could not find any other way. Would you like me to delete all the deleted ones???

Steve

Yes, I would appreciate you doing that. Obviously this is kind of a glitch in the software.

can u delete mine also, they are offending me.
    Semper Fi!

Greyhorn, delete the ones you want me to delete. I will then remove them from your page. I deleted one that you had deleted did not want to mess with the others without being sure.

Steve

i was wondering how i can change mine back to christmas colors like it was the old way? is there a ways to make it colors again>? thanks
    Semper Fi!

Are you guys just deleting the messages, or do you have the option of physically deleting the messages? I had to physically delete my visitor messages, and not just hit delete. Don't know if our members have that option or not, or if this is just something for mods. Let me know, so we can keep looking into this. Thanks.

I could not do it as a member Icebear only as a mod

Could members delete their visitor messages before the upgrade?

I could not as a member before or now. You could delete them but they would show as deleted.

You can still delete your visitor messages.
    Click on 'My Profile'.
    On the right hand side, there is an area to check off. It's a box.
    You scroll down to the bottom of the page and it says 'Moderation Tools' and you can select the Delete key. It will prompt you to give a reason. I deleted one message right now and put down 'Test'.
    It still works.
    I am not a Mod or a paying Member on this site, but I am still able to delete visitor messages.
    I hope that helps.
    Lurker.

Default still not deleting for me, here

Darn it CO, just when I was going to call you an amazing technoid again... but that did not work for me.

First off, the box to check/select the message I'd already deleted is not there for messages I've already deleted , & choosing the delete option under moderation tools said no messages were selected.

So then I still wanted to test your method on a message I had not previously deleted (I chose one of your messages, LOL). It now says this for that entry:

COtoAK - 01-01-2010 18:07
    This message has been deleted by FamilyMan.
    Reason testing 1 2 3

So its still not deleted, though the actual text of what you put there is indeed gone.

You can access my visitor messages; come look for yourself. Let me know if you see something different.

FM, I deleted your deleted messages. As a member you can delete the text but they still show as deleted. Feel free to pm me if you want these removed.

Steve

Default Thanks

Thanks Steve, That is a lot nicer. I wasn't going to ask for that since I know you guys are gettin' hammered regarding the site upgrade issues. But I'm glad you did that.

The only problem with you doing that, is now CO is going to think her method to delete visitor messages actually worked.

Thanks to you too Icebear for your kind offer also.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Thanks Steve, That is a lot nicer. I wasn't going to ask for that since I know you guys are gettin' hammered regarding the site upgrade issues. But I'm glad you did that.

The only problem with you doing that, is now CO is going to think her method to delete visitor messages actually worked.

Thanks to you too Icebear for your kind offer also.

The method did work. You just prefer for ALL of the content to be gone, just not the text.
    Be specific next time, from one tech(geek)noid to another.

Those are the only moderation tools that we have. It will show that the html text is deleted. The remainder has always had to go through the mods. No glitches there. It's just the way it's always been.
    Lurker.

Talking Yar !

Yes maam, you are 100% right.

I am married too, and have learned the necessary and correct YAR (you are right) skills, but that doesn't mean I don't still try to hone them every chance I get....

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Yes maam, you are 100% right.

I am married too, and have learned the necessary and correct YAR (you are right) skills, but that doesn't mean I don't still try to hone them every chance I get....
    Yeah yeah yeah... har har har.
    Lurker.

ok since i cannot recreate my profile in christmas colors, can we vote to change the whole forum to red and green colors?
    Semper Fi!

Well, I have to say as much as I like Christmas colors, I don't think I would like to see our forums in red and green. We have to have some contrast. Hopefully there will be some new upgrades in a few months and some of these things can be worked out. In the meantime, I guess you're stuck with our forum colors.

There will be some new updates in the coming months and as soon as they are released our tech guy will install them. Color changes right now have to stay the way they are, sorry greythorn3. The other question that seems to be on the forefront is the deletion of visitor messages. There is no fix for this at this time. I have been on VB forums today and others were posting the same question and the VB team said this is a problem right now, and they have it in the suggestion box for now trying to get someone to fix it. So hopefully in a couple months or less, we can see a solution to this problem as well. In the meantime, if you want your visitor messages deleted after you mark them deleted, you can send me a PM or a visitor message and I will go in and delete them for you. No problem on my end, just takes a little click on your profile to delete them on my end. Sorry for the little bugs that go along with this upgrade, but anytime there is change, there are always a few bugs that need to be worked out. Hang in there guys, change is good, but does require time and patience.