Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Unit 13 emergancy BOG meeting regarding Caribou hunts

  1. #1
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default Unit 13 emergancy BOG meeting regarding Caribou hunts

    Notice of Emergency Public Meeting unit 13 caribou hunts
    Notice of Emergency Public Meeting
    Of the Alaska Board of Game
    Notice is given that the Alaska Board of Game will meet by teleconference on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to consider regulatory changes necessitated by a judicial decision dated July 9, 2010 in the Manning, et al v. State, et al, litigation, 3KN -09-178CI. Regulatory changes to subsistence hunting for moose and caribou and the Tier II subsistence hunting permit point system for Unit 13 will be addressed. The board will also consider regulatory changes to the Gulkana, Cantwell, Chistochina, Gakona, Mentasta, Tazlina, Chitina, and Kluti Kaah Community Harvest Permit for moose and caribou.
    The meeting is open to the public. Listen-only teleconference sites are available for the public in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Palmer, Juneau, and GlennAllen at the following locations:
    Anchorage Legislative Information Office (LIO), 716 West 4th Avenue;
    Fairbanks Legislative Information Office, 1292 Sadler Way;
    Palmer Department of Fish and Game Office, 1800 Glenn Highway, Suite 4;
    Juneau Department of Fish and Game Office, 1255 West 8th Avenue (Caribou Conference Room); and
    Borough of Land Management Field Office in GlennAllen, 186.5 Glenn Highway
    The meeting is intended to be streamed live on the Board of Game website at: http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/gameinfo/index.php. The Board will not take public testimony during the teleconference.
    Meeting materials including the proposed changes will be posted on the Board of Game website at http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/gameinfo/meetinfo/gcal.php as quickly as possible and will be available through the Department of Fish and Game Boards Support Section. For information about the meeting or meeting materials, contact the Boards Support Section at (907) 465-4110.
    If you are a person with a disability who may need a special accommodation in order to participate in the process on the proposed regulations, please contact Scott Crass at 465-4110 no later than 3:00 pm on Monday, July 26, 2010 to ensure that any necessary accommodations can be provided.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks Vince. I plan on being somewhere, where I can listen in.

    Excerpt from the ADF&G Website:
    July 28, 2010
    Tentative Agenda
    NOTE: This tentative agenda is subject to change throughout the course of the meeting.
    NO ORAL PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS MEETING.

    Perhaps the BOG learned nothing at all from the Judge's previous findings. No Public Input and Changing up the Agenda during the course of the meeting.....hmmmm.....Deyjavu....or....was the Judge just ignorant? These guys have more guts than a slaughterhouse.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member Chisana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Perhaps the BOG learned nothing at all from the Judge's previous findings.
    It's true. The BOG is not very sophisticated.

  4. #4
    Member AlpineEarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Usually somewhere I don't want to be.
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Akres I think I have to agree with you on this one. The BOG does not seem to give much weight to public input. it seems like a annoyance to them most of the time.

  5. #5

    Default

    They still have not posted the "proposed changes" on their website, as purported. Has anyone seen or got a copy of the proposed changes? I am not in a position to run get a copy.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    My peeps are telling me:
    Bottomline, there will be no Fall Hunt for Nelchina Caribou. PERIOD There will be a Tier ll Caribou Hunt for the Winter. PERIOD, no if's and's or but's. The BOG might also allow for a Community Harvest, Tier l and Tier ll Hunt's all concurrently in the Winter Hunt, if the guy in the black robe gives them the wink and nod.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    sounds like Teir system stays in place, as permits have already been issued, and will be revisited during the region 1 meeting in SE in novemeber.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  8. #8
    Member bushrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush
    Posts
    4,363

    Default

    Warning: This is just my personal take and I could be wrong!

    3:43 pm, and the way I understand the vote the BOG just took, 7-0, they voted to keep the Tier 1 fall hunt, the 850 permits already awarded are good, and they will issue 1,000 more Tier 1 permits as well. Member Spraker is saying now that the good news is the 1,000 more permits, but the bad news is the antler provisions (have to destroy trophy value/leave in field) will stay...and now they are voting to do away with the antler provisions. And I think they will.

    Real-time update on BOG meeting...so take it for what it is....

  9. #9
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    What a PITA!!!! keeps dropping the link

    so i wonder if public props will be allowed for this as it will be taken up at the November BOG meeting in SE. the call for Props for that meeting came out last week not sure of the deadline.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  10. #10

    Default

    Always a few suprise's, even for those close to the situation, who thought they knew what was going to go on. Hilarious stuff. The Agenda and Proposals got changed mid-stream. Suprise Suprise Suprise.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  11. #11

    Default

    So what was the final verdict???

  12. #12
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akskidoo View Post
    So what was the final verdict???
    Spreading cheeks....

    That seems like a fairly safe bet at this point.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Spreading cheeks....

    That seems like a fairly safe bet at this point.
    Put your soap on a rope. hehehehehe Good to see that this kind of thing doesn't affect our sense of humor.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •