Thread: Need some Rabbit Slough info

Default Need some Rabbit Slough info

I'm trying to figure out how to get to Rabbit Slough and if it's shore-fishable at all. Never fished there, but am looking for new places to try.

Appreciate any info!

Im in the same boat as you... you must have seen the report posted huh? Looked it up in my highway angler book in the index and was taken to page 157, unfortunately page 157 does not list rabbit slough on it............ Im about to see if the ADFG reg book has a map, also read it is a weekend only fishery somewhere else which I will look for

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhacker View Post
    Im in the same boat as you... you must have seen the report posted huh? Looked it up in my highway angler book in the index and was taken to page 157, unfortunately page 157 does not list rabbit slough on it............ Im about to see if the ADFG reg book has a map, also read it is a weekend only fishery somewhere else which I will look for
    Yeah, I probably did read the same report...lol. I know roughly where it is, but not sure how the access is for shore anglers or really where to even begin looking for the fish.

head out towards wasilla for anchorage take the trunk road exit turn left, then the first left "after" the on ramp to the highway follow it all the way down to stop sign, go right follow all the way to the end of the road.YOu will feel like you did a big circle if you did it right. Follow trail to the fishing hole. Hope that helps, you can only use a boat on the weekend, not sure if it is fish only on weekend or not.

Fishwacker,

Thanks for pointing out an editing error in the book, something missed from the previous edition. Unfortunately, these things happen. For some general fishing information (including access) for Rabbit Slough, check page 160 under Wasilla Creek (the lower portion).

Yes, it is definitely fishable from shore. Small stream with rough trail heading upstream. Interesting water to fish with small pockets holding silvers, etc.

No problem Mr. Pedersen, wasn't a big issue, just kind of an eh what type thing for a minute. Found proper access under Wasilla Creek a few minutes later as you said. Kudos on the book, I am a young angler who will probably be fishing until I am too old to be near the water and will continue using your book until then or until I publish my own Alaskan fishing works.

-Nick

I scouted it out last weekend, but did not fish it. A boat seemed to be the way to go, though getting back upstream to the parking area would be a tough row/paddle. From the parking area you can see a trail along the creek. There is a creek to cross right away that would have required chest waders. It is a weekend only place- 6 am - 6pm on Sat and Sunday.

The "trail" up stream is a pretty generous definition. . . It's a pretty wet slog going up the creek although some folks were fishing right at the parking lot.