Thread: Water Skeeter Leaking Need Help..

Default Water Skeeter Leaking Need Help..

good rainy day, I have a waterskeeter that I haven't used in 2 yrs I blew it up and notice I have a slow leak in tube. Who knows where to have repaired in Soldotna/Kenai area? Someone that has had service here before and would recommend thanks a ton....

Fishslayer

Can't speak for services in Soldotna/Kenai...

That said - the lower-quality valves on the water skeeter are a known problem area. Take a little dish soap & water solution to check for bubbling here first. In other words --- might be a valve diaphragm or need some tightening.

If this is not the case, let all the air out, unzip the outer fabric, and look for a leak in the bladder w/ same soap & water.

It may be had to find w/ too much soap & water... so do a light spray w/ garden hose or flower watering jug after the initial suddzin'. This will 'thin' out the suds somewhat and often reveal the leak or leaks. Check thoroughly along the seams!

Keep in mind ----- these boats often have vinyl bladders that develop cold-cracking and/or dry-cracking over about a 3-5 year time-fame.

thanks very much will look it over...

Sound advise as always by Brian. You might want to contact Alaska Canoe i.e. Max he has a place in Sterling and may be able to assist or at least point you in a great direction.

Best wishes.