Thread: 15 days and counting!!

Default 15 days and counting!!

Two more weeks until I start enjoying grouse fajitas and grouse pot pie!!!!! Mmmm. My son is bugging me everyday and it didnt help when he went on a moose scouting trip with me and came across a covey of about 15 ruffies. His first question and it made me proud was " are they in season yet". Not only does he have the bug but he is picking up on being a responsible hunter.

I just got a bird vest... saw a bunch of ptarmies the other day and was just wishing it was a few weeks later!

Grouse fajitas...

Post or PM a recipe. It sharpens the senses to hunt HUNGRY.

if you don't mind could you post the fajita recipe? I can't wait for the opener.

6 more days now. anybody hunt grouse around indian?

This will probably get moved to the pantry section but here it is. Fajita recipe: two decent sized ruffie breasts sliced thin into strips
    either a packet of fajita seasoning or your own blend( I personally use chili powder, garlic powder, white pepper, cumin, about a 1/4 cup of olive oil, a few sprigs of fresh cilantro, and fresh lime juice. Mix all ingredients and place in ziploc bag with grouse, shake to coat and let sit about 1 hour. I then slice red onion and bell peppers and cook it over medium heat on a skillet. Sorry I dont have measurements for the seasonings, I just put in what I think it needs. Im hungry now I need to find some grouse.