Thread: Stolen shrimp recovered by troopers

Default Stolen shrimp recovered by troopers

Good news, Troopers called yesterday to inform me they recovered my stolen pots.
    They were taken 4 years ago down by LaTouche Is.
    Last year later a friend was staying at a lodge on LaTouche and took photos of my gear sitting on the lodges dock and sent me the pics.
    I turned them into the troopers this spring.
    Trooper investigated and recovered them.
    Woo-Hoo, there is some justice afterall!!
    BK

You should be able to sue for 4 years of shrimp interest

Glad you got your gear back. Man I hate thieves
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Bk- good news
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

What did the guys at the lodge say when asked about the gear? How did you mark your gear so you knew it was yours? I'm just asking to see if you have a good way of marking gear so i could incorporate it into my gear for everybody to benefit from a good marking system. Glad to hear you got your gear back, doesn't say much for the lodge owners/staff not giving the gear back.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Great news.

Steve,
    Currently at work. Wife took the phone call from the troopers in Girdwood over the weekend.
    Sounds like he just turned them over to troopers when asked. I suppose having pics of them on his dock and multiple witnesses made it real easy to identify. He claimed he tried to contact me multiple times but thats obviously his "story" to the troopers. We are glad to get them back though.
    BK

HA! Ya, I can hear it now "honest, those **** pots just jumped in my boat" "I tried giving them back". I'll remember to avoid any lodges on La Touche Island.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    HA! Ya, I can hear it now "honest, those **** pots just jumped in my boat" "I tried giving them back". I'll remember to avoid any lodges on La Touche Island.

I own 5 acres on latouche and my neighbors are thieves and tdelarm won't stay the night

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post

I own 5 acres on latouche and my neighbors are thieves and tdelarm won't stay the night
    You own 5 acres...does that mean you own a lodge too. Neighbors, can't live with them and it's against the law to shoot them. What's a guy to do.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Great News some day maybe mine too. I have always marked mine, I buy those NAPA or whom ever colored cable ties and tie them on the whole bottom of the pot, hope is they think thats what keeps the net in place. But a much better way and one I have brought up before even to Steve as a good idea was I stamp DA on a stainless steel tie wrap and wrap it a coulpe times around a bar. Tough but not impossiable to get off and it is so small that it don't stick out like a sore thumb. then a pic or two. Cleaning a name off a bouey is easy Deet!Danger Shhh.jpg Thought this might be a good one to put at the surface?

I love those danger tags lol... what loser lodge owners or employees to steal pots. How lame can you get.
    Alaska Fishing Forums : They are my addiction!

How many lodges are there on LaTouche Island?

Under the "Saltwater" section of this forum a "sponsor" for this section is listed as a lodge on LaTouche...quote "Visit our forum sponsor:"...there is your answer.

Wink BK got your PM

I got your PM today, been off the grid. I am glad to hear they caught the slime that did this, makes me never want to go near Latouche unless it's being flooded, then after it's flooded I'll run my boat over it.

My thoughts on the way pots are lost still stands, but I am adding the "theft factor" to the list of ways they disappear.

BK, I am humbled and owe you a shrimp cocktail.