Thread: Transporter for Twenty Mile?

Default Transporter for Twenty Mile?

I am looking for a jet boat transporter for a Twenty Mile moose hunt. Any suggestions welcome.

Not to be the internet police...but... if Ryan doesn't have a tranporters license you might want to be careful handing out his phone number..just sayin'.

BTW..a quick google search shows he probably doesn't.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

A couple of years ago I was wanting to go moose hunting close to Anchorage and offer to take a hunter into the 20 mile. The only legal way I knew of was as hunting partners, we would split the gas and meat. I do not want to put words in someone mouth, but I think that was what Highestview & Ryan were planning to do.

I totally agree that that was the plan for highestview and Ryan..but the next step of passing the phone # on to an internet poster starts to cross the line. Hence the warning.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I tried to pm johnhenry so I was kind of left to this. Also I cleared it with Ryan and thats his phone book number anyway. He also hardly uses the internet for anything so he's not too worried about it. I'll delete it after a bit to be safe.

BTW, if any of you need good quality excavation work, Ryan is THE man and his company is licensed, insured and all that.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

There may be licensed transporters that can work within the 20 Mile River area, but I am not aware of who they are.
    No airstrips. (?)
    No airboat or jet boat transporters. (?)
    Perhaps another forum member may have more helpful information for johnhenry in his quest for legal transportation in that area.
    dennis

Now what makes someone a transporter? If I had drawn that permit and my homeboy drove me up there for free does that make him a transporter? Where does the line of sharing resources and becoming an official "transporter" stop? If you ride double on a four wheeler does that make the driver a transporter?

I only offered this info up because Ryan had gone out of his way and said "If you ever get the twentymile permit, I'll take you up there" because he doesnt hunt much but searches for excuses to run his precious jet boats. He would run up the twentymile anyway, just for fun. So whats to stop him from including someone who got the permit in the trip? Where is the law codified?
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    I tried to pm johnhenry so I was kind of left to this. Also I cleared it with Ryan and thats his phone book number anyway. He also hardly uses the internet for anything so he's not too worried about it. I'll delete it after a bit to be safe.
    I meant to say johnhenry has it set up so he cant accept PM's.

highestview,
    i meant to research your question in post nember 8 . i mean, i have the Guide/Outfitter-Transporter regulations, formerly called the blue bible (they are now red), all over the house. But I never got around to it. Perhaps this evening I remember to research your question. Or perhaps some of law enforcement troops who monitor this forum could help out by answereing your question.....

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Now what makes someone a transporter? Where is the law codified?
    When money, goods or services (even gasoline) exchange hands, beyond sharing expenses. You cannot even pay the full expenses. The 'friend' has to pay his share. The law is easily found in the Alaska Statutes. Google it, because there are other pertinant laws closely associated with this, that you need to be aware of as well.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

the outstanding case that comes to my mind was, a few years ago, when a moose hunter asked an ididarod musher guy to assist him with reterieving a dead moose. Mr. musher gladly used his dog team to retrieve the mose quarters. To show his gratitude, the hunter gave him a few bucks, perhaps two hundred or something like that. The musher simply bought dog food with the cash...and when word of the cash exchange got out Mr Musher was cited for transporting without a transporters license.

....and there are others...
    This is one of those sticky topics that regularly, routinely comes up...