Thread: Kenai King info?

Default Kenai King info?

Have not heard much from down there. The counts are high but they say some of the count is reds. Anyone have any reports? Water level? clarity? I am going on the 31st for the only time I could fish it this year. Thanks

Fished the river between Sunken Island and Mud Island from Friday until today. Water wasn't overly high and visibility was good. I actually switched to medium sized spin-n-glows with improved success. The rain over the last few days will probably change things a bit. Fishing was hit or miss, but there are fish moving through. Got three to the boat, lost two and had another 5 or so take downs. I left before the evening high tide today but heard from a buddy that Beaver creek was on fire during the flood.

We had a great day today with to many takedowns vs hooked,but managed two land two hogs.I got the first a crome 54lbs male then my 13 year old nephew landed a 60lbs crome male.We all five should have had a fish but it seemed the were not that aggressive, only mouthing the bait ,so we could just pull it right out of there mouths
    Will post the pics soon as I figure how to load the pics on this new system

We got 3 kings in 2 trips at sunken island

Default sundays fish

Here is the pics of me and my nephews fish from sunday 54#

nephews 60#

my brothers are going down in the morning can't make it due to work but will share the pics if they get lucky again.