Thread: Man I am bummed

Default Man I am bummed

I was blowing up my 14' otter and I found my first tiny little pinhole leak on one of the front seams. I have used it for several years and have never had to patch or repair anything except a valve. Fortunately, it is a really slow leak. I blew it up three days ago and still has not deflated enough to lose it's form. My only concern is that I have a few float trips planned this year. Including a float hunt in September. Should I worry about it, or would it be best to leave it alone until after the season and bring some tear-aids on my trips to be safe?

Gee, Jack, I think you should properly fix this tiny problem now.

LOL Dennis sorry but that was funny :-) Ok I will second the sound advice provided by ATA. Never go into a float with a known repair problem pending.

:-)

Worry about what? Take a pump, some aquaseal, and a few patches, and go. If this is all the equipment problems you are dealing with, you are doing just fine.
    Last week we had a total blowout- nine inch gash, no repair kit, and was in a nearly inescapable canyon. We rolled up my friends boat, put him and it on my boat, and rode double instead of being bummed. The funny part is, both of us were commenting before we departed about how long it had been since we had a tear. I discovered later I had a three inch tear that did not get my inner bladder, all on one trip.
    Part of the game, I have made the aquaseal company, etc. fairly wealthy, reach deep in your pocket and join the club.
    MO