Thread: Kenai Reds

Default Kenai Reds

Thought I would be able to hang into a few fish this weekend with all the reports from earlier in the week. Guess I was wrong, took the better part of Saturday to catch two fish. Lots of hookups, very few landed. A buddy and I managed to take 4 Reds home. A great weekend overall, found a new place to fish and caught a nice little Dolly...

IMG_8907.JPGIMG_8903.JPG

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Nice fish BIGOX,
    That red on the right is a fat hog.Way to go!!!!!!Lots of hook-ups eh.??????????At least you got to dance

Thumbs up Beautiful!

Is that red about 34 inches? Or maybe even more? Beautiful. +1

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I'd say it's just held closer to the camera so it looks bigger. Still a nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Yeah it was a fat hog to say the least. My buddy managed a nice one also...
    IMG_8904.JPG
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Where's 016?

As soon as the "other" powerdrifter (meaning 016) comes by here I know I'll hear about my estimate of what's in bigcox's hands.

My buddy just called and went to centennial park and they are bringing 10 home he says they were comign in big slugs. Great fishing according him and he is by no means a pro at it LOL. I was down on Saturday slow and I was thier yesteray I fished from 11 in the morning until 930 at night to bring 4 home. But I was down thier all last week well except weds and the fishing was great.

Spent another weekend on the Kenai in Soldotna and did great. Big slugs of fish coming through, husband and I each got our limit both days. Who needs a dip net when fishing is this good and the limit 6 each?

I hear you 6 days of fishing have 19 in the freezer well 17 I'm smoking 2 right now. I open the freezer as of right now I have plenty of Salmon we eat salmon but not every day so we probably have enough to last us for the rest of the year. If I go again which I will probably do, I will be looking to giving most away to folks who can't make it to fish.

Fished 1.5 hours today landed 7fish and one was with a tentpole with line and a hook tied to it I have video and will post it on you tube when I get home we are at the airport waiting for our flight tonight

Norwich, Connecticut, United States, 112479075430288, Norwich, Connecticut

Seeking information as we are planning a trip up to Soldotna next year, do you have any recommendations on accommodation looking at value end of the market? Is it reasonable to assume you wouldn't need a guide everyday to fish. Is it possible to catch fish from the boardwalks? Types of lures needed to fish and line size mono or braid......any help would be appreciated.

Kiwi-
    Lots of options for you...if you're looking to fill your freezer, and want to do it on the cheap, I would stay at one of the campgrounds in soldotna (centennial or swiftwater) and from there you can fish everyday unguided from the bank for reds...while there, you could always book a charter or two for Kings or halibut or whatever. Timing is gonna be key for catching whatever fish you want to catch, do some research on the salmon run timings.