Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Bird Creek Report...

  1. #1
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default Bird Creek Report...

    Went to Bird this afternoon. More fish in there then last time, alot of snaggers and people dragging fish all the way on the bank, only to try and kick a field goal with them back into the water...

    I did manage quite a few hookups, mostly pinks and one chum for the smoker....

    Fish On!

    photo.jpg
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  2. #2
    Member joefish00000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    510

    Default

    if your going to keep a chum, thats the kind to keep.(big and bright)
    nice fish!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    just down the road
    Posts
    49

    Default

    What kind of fly did you use?

  4. #4
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    if your going to keep a chum, thats the kind to keep.(big and bright)
    nice fish!
    Yeah I wasn't going to, but I had a hellva time getting the hook out it's throat. Not gonna hurt, more fish to give away to family members...

    Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    What kind of fly did you use?
    The famous purple egg sucking leach...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  5. #5
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Just got back from this evenings high tide. River has turned to chocolate milk with all the rain. No fish caught. Only ones that caught fish were the snaggers. Saw plenty rolling, just to dirty to catch
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  6. #6
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Just got back from this evenings high tide. River has turned to chocolate milk with all the rain. No fish caught. Only ones that caught fish were the snaggers. Saw plenty rolling, just to dirty to catch
    Definitely, I fished the low tide before you and got one stinky pinky yesterday. I won't go back until I hear the water goes down a bit...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Definitely, I fished the low tide before you and got one stinky pinky yesterday. I won't go back until I hear the water goes down a bit...

    Fish On!
    Oh man...this is completely unrelated to this topic but...stinky pinky? ha! awesome.
    Im also using 'mr.potato head' because of you now.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

  8. #8
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Wow, you have me feeling left out...I might have to move south sooner than planned? All your reports have me scratchin my head, well keep it up...not a bad thing, benifits from taking the job and making the move ya did! I will see you in August....nice chum...cant believe Im doing this s&^$?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  9. #9
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Oh man...this is completely unrelated to this topic but...stinky pinky? ha! awesome.
    Im also using 'mr.potato head' because of you now.
    Haha... I think TSS came up with Mr. Potato Head. Thats what that Stinky Pinky looked like yesterday also...

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Wow, you have me feeling left out...I might have to move south sooner than planned? All your reports have me scratchin my head, well keep it up...not a bad thing, benifits from taking the job and making the move ya did! I will see you in August....nice chum...cant believe Im doing this s&^$?
    Yes, move south like the Geese...

    Looking forward to August, I will be ready!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  10. #10
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Haha... I think TSS came up with Mr. Potato Head.
    Like this: mr+potato+head.jpg
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  11. #11
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Anyone know if it's cleared up at all?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  12. #12
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodabiscuit12345 View Post
    Oh man...this is completely unrelated to this topic but...stinky pinky? ha! awesome.
    Im also using 'mr.potato head' because of you now.
    Hence the quote at the bootom of my page.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •