Thread: 4-Wheeling and fishing, all in one?

Default 4-Wheeling and fishing, all in one?

I was hoping somebody out there could point me in the right direction....I am looking for places where my family and I can ride 4-wheelers back to good fishing spots. We have found places to ride 4-wheelers, and we have found places to fish, HOWEVER, I am having a difficult time finding anyplace where we can combine the two. And, if you do know of a place, is there also a place to park a travel trailer camper nearby? I truly appreciate any insight that you might have. Thanks!

Your second thread, and my second reply. Jim Creek is what you're looking for. You can take your trailer out there and leave it in the parking area, then ride your 4-wheelers out to Jim Creek and fish. Shoot me a PM if you need directions.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

People fish at the lakes around Buffalo Mine (you can park at Jonesville and ride over) and I've heard there is good Grayling fishing at Eureka.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

klutina river, you can ride in quite a ways and fish up near the lake. there might be some issues with access to the river in some places due to ahtna lands. i think there is a certain distance you can go from the center of the trail or maybe pay access fees?

If you don't mind the travel time on gravel the Denali Highway offers at least a dozen places you can wheeler and fish to. Good grayling and lake trout fisheries.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I second Eureka... Lots of Grayling and even pulled a Dolly out of Flat creek. This is awsome fly fishing