Thread: Current Seward silver reports anyone??

Default Current Seward silver reports anyone??

Going out tomorrow with my wife and want to know how folks are faring the last few days.

Any updates would be great!

no reports to share, but me and 3 friends will be going out tommorow as well, Alice Rose channel 16

Changed my mind, sounds like the weather will be a little better in Homer, so Homer is where I am going this morning

Default Where r they?

Fished Friday 23rd and Saturday out of Seward. Picked up one Coho off Cheval @10 PM, lost two pinks at the rail. The fact there were no crowds at night was a real pleasure. Got up early Saturday fished Narrows, Pony, Pilot, Rugged, Hive, and Fox. Saw maybe 10 fish caught all day. I don't know how many fish were actually silvers. My brother fished mostly Fox and only got 1 Coho, 4 Pinks. My boat had few bites and 1 Pink. Huge crowds running back and forth to the all the popular spots. Radio sounded bleak as well. I don't think the Cohos are thick enough for me yet.

Was slow for me on the 23rd as well. 5 Coho, 2 pinks. Fished all over from Rugged to Bear Glacier, Fox, and so on. Got/released some big Lings and did well on large Rockfish but no Halibut. Averaged one salmon for every hour of trolling.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I'm lovin that sig AK2AZ!!

Silver fishing has been good and steady. Not too hard to catch a limit. If you fish the right places.

Hey Scott - fished a charter yesterday. Was a halibut/ling combo but the cap asked if we wanted to hit silvers on the way out. A third species? You bet! Anyway, we mooched off a point on the west shore head toward Pony....looking at Googlemaps, I'm going to say it was right off the boot heel of the boot-shaped outcropping of land forming the northeast and eastern landmass of Porcupine Cove. Google it...the lettering "Porcupine Cove" sits just to the left of the front and toe of the "boot." The boot toe is pointing south, the heel north. We were precisely off the pointy bottom of the "heel," drifting and mooching. Get within 10-20 yards of the sharp point. We got 18 fish in just over an hour, guy said it'd been hot for a few days. Only one other boat there. Headed offshore and passed the flotilla at Pony...didn't look too hot there.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Well, today was NOT the day to be out there...

at least for me. The rest of the folks on our boat did fine. I got skunked. I had a few on but lost them all, which was frustrating. Mrs. Coho Slayer showed me up big-time today!!

It was a rough one. We went out East around the cape. Seas were pretty rough, and we weren't in a big boat, just a typical 25-26' six-packer. We fished along the rocks going into Day Harbor. Everyone but me got their limit, and wind and waves were building, so we headed back into the bay toward Seward and tried several spots with no luck. Lots of people fishing around us, not much action.

The trip back around the cape was a bit scary. Seas had picked up to a nice 8' chop. It was slow going. Had one heart-stopper wave that broke on us broad-side...things flew, we rolled big-time. Even the skipper said that was pretty close to rolling us.

Anyway, it rained in various forms the entire time, temps stayed chilly, and the wind picked up steadily through the day. We were all pretty chilled by about 3:30 and called it good and headed in. Guess I'll have to wait until next year for my Seward silvers....

Was out there today (Sunday 25th). Left the docks at about 8:15am and the ride was rough and really windy (sucks in a 14 foot open boat). Got one limit by Sunny cove, was afraid that the seas would build up in the afternoon so left early, surprisingly the seas were the regular chop all the way to the harbor.

Went down Saturday, fished Day Harbor from 1:00pm till 4:00. Landed five, lost two at the net and released one pink. Was a rough ride going around the cape, left before the wind picked up too bad.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Weather sucks at the moment. The silvers have slwed down since last weekend & you need to work for them.

There were tons of boats fishing Hive and Fox Island yesterday, but the catching was slow. I think it was as far out as most wanted to go, but there weren't many fish. We tried pretty hard for a couple of hours there in the afternoon with no hits. We were marking the occasional salmon, but not huge numbers. There were some pretty good bait balls, too. I dunno where all the salmon went.

Fishing was a lot better in Day Harbor and especially on the point just making the turn into Day Harbor, but you paid for it with rough seas and wind.

I took 12 silvers while Halibut fishing off of Puget yesterday. Nice way to spend the day while waiting for others to catch thair halibut limit.

Wow, that is alot. Hope you released 9 of them as you were over the limit.....I'm sure you meant you caught 12 And I do the same thing waiting for others to catch halibut. Were the seas snotty over there?

Seas were just about flat. Also we took turns catching the silvers while we waited for the last halibut to be caught. We were 3 short of our limit. for silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    Hey Scott - fished a charter yesterday. Was a halibut/ling combo but the cap asked if we wanted to hit silvers on the way out. A third species? You bet! Anyway, we mooched off a point on the west shore head toward Pony....looking at Googlemaps, I'm going to say it was right off the boot heel of the boot-shaped outcropping of land forming the northeast and eastern landmass of Porcupine Cove. Google it...the lettering "Porcupine Cove" sits just to the left of the front and toe of the "boot." The boot toe is pointing south, the heel north. We were precisely off the pointy bottom of the "heel," drifting and mooching. Get within 10-20 yards of the sharp point. We got 18 fish in just over an hour, guy said it'd been hot for a few days. Only one other boat there. Headed offshore and passed the flotilla at Pony...didn't look too hot there.
    Nick...

I really picked the wrong the day to go out....lol.

Glad you guys did well.

Default 7-28 Silver Report

Porcupine from 10:00AM -12:00PM, 4 rods mooching with hoochies, 4 landed, 5 lost, 4 other boats in area

Just inside (barely inside) Cape Resurrection from 1:00 PM -3:00 PM, 2 landed mooching with diamond jigs, 1 lost, + 5 rockfish, no other boats in area (except the constant barrage of big charters throwing wakes on their return around the Cape from Montague on the way back to Seward)

Sunny Cove 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM, one P-cod

Caines Head north beach, 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM nothing caught or landed

dropped a halibut rig everywhere except the cape, and caught nothing on it ..........

Heard stories from others inside the bay and Chiswells that caught lots of silvers , and people who caught hardly anything at all,

Silvers seem to be dispersing into bay from Pony/Cheval and you have to go find them