Thread: Marine tinned primary wire

Default Marine tinned primary wire

Can anyone suggest a reasonable place in Anchorage to buy marine tinned wire, battery cables etc? I know it's been discussed before but I struck out doing a search.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    Can anyone suggest a reasonable place in Anchorage to buy marine tinned wire, battery cables etc? I know it's been discussed before but I struck out doing a search.
    The place your thinking of, and the exact name escapes me, is on the North Frontage road along the Seward Hwy. I think the name is Polar wire and Rope or Arctic Wire or something like that. Great stuff and good choice for marine or everyday applications!!!!

Thanks, Dupont Spinner! I'll check 'em out.

Yep, Thumbs up to Polar Wire, Got it all and Good Stuff Too

Really Good Tech Support guys there also, ask 'em all about your project specifics, I've been especially impressed with their help understanding what I need, more than I do.

http://www.polarwire.com/index-2.html

POLAR WIRE PRODUCTS, INC. 7941 Brayton Drive Anchorage, Alaska 99507
    Tel: (907)561-5955 | Fax: (907)561-4233 | Email: info@polarwire.com
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I also recommend Polar Wire for your boating electrical needs - tinned wire, solenoids, glue lined heat shrink, terminal connector, loom, etc.

I have also had Polar Wire make up some custom cables for my pot puller's electric motor - 8 Ga, tinned lugs, color coded heat shrink. They did a nice job.

Doug

Thanks for that link kodiakrain and for weighing in AKExplore. Since I'm headed directly into "clueless territory", good tech support/customer service will be huge for me. I'll pay them a visit tomorrow.

You might try Frigid North on Spenard too.
    www.frigidn.com
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    You might try Frigid North on Spenard too.
    www.frigidn.com
    Last time I was there they didn't have tinned wire.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Yep, Thumbs up to Polar Wire, Got it all and Good Stuff Too

Really Good Tech Support guys there also, ask 'em all about your project specifics, I've been especially impressed with their help understanding what I need, more than I do.

http://www.polarwire.com/index-2.html

POLAR WIRE PRODUCTS, INC. 7941 Brayton Drive Anchorage, Alaska 99507
    Tel: (907)561-5955 | Fax: (907)561-4233 | Email: info@polarwire.com
    Just got back from Polar Wire. Talked to a real nice young guy who gave me a catalog. I mentioned tech support and he said nope to that. Not doubting your post at all but just goes to show that it just depends who you're fortunate enough to talk to. I think I can get some help figuring out what and how much of it I need so no worries. Got a couple prices and compared them to a vendor on ebay who is big into marine wire and offers free shipping to AK. Polar actually beat them by a couple bucks per item.