Thread: Tweety birds in my shrimp pot

Default Tweety birds in my shrimp pot

I let my cat out this morning...he never leaves the yard...just patrols the perimeter and thumps anything that crosses the line. Anyway, I didn't see him for a long time so I went looking. I'd tossed a shrimp pot behind the garage and a bunch of tweety birds had made there way inside and of course couldn't figure out how to escape. The cat is sitting there all stressed out wishing he could figure out how to get in. I ran him off, released the birds, and plugged the entry ports. Would have felt like a real jerk if I had found them too late. Cover/plug your pots if stored outdoors...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    I let my cat out this morning...he never leaves the yard...just patrols the perimeter and thumps anything that crosses the line. Anyway, I didn't see him for a long time so I went looking. I'd tossed a shrimp pot behind the garage and a bunch of tweety birds had made there way inside and of course couldn't figure out how to escape. The cat is sitting there all stressed out wishing he could figure out how to get in. I ran him off, released the birds, and plugged the entry ports. Would have felt like a real jerk if I had found them too late. Cover/plug your pots if stored outdoors...just a thought.
    I always try to leave the doors open for them. Don't know how many cats, possums & coons i found both dead & alive in lobster pots that were stored on land for the winter.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Funny & not so Funny
    I found two dead birds inside my pots that I had taken off the boat. Like Potbuilder said I now leave the doors open. I started tie wraping them closed since the old rubber had broken which shows if someone had been in them too.
    DOORS OPEN IS THE NEW RULE

I was ticked at myself for not taking some pics before releasing them. I think they were dark eyed juncos...7 of them. The cat was so worked up I thought he was going to stroke out. May seem kind of silly to some but I'm just one of those guys that doesn't like to see anything go down for no good reason. At any rate, happy ending and lesson learned.

I know what you mean lol I had 6 fluttering around last fall in mine. they didn't fly out even w/ the doors left open i'd get them out and the would fly back in. Finally I just tarped them.

Driving around the neighborhood the other day i spotted a shrimp pot with some tweetys trapped, i opened the door and they found their way out quick except for the 3 or 4 jerky tweety's that suffered. please leave them doors open folks.

bait? (LOL)

Thanks for the info... good plan to leave them open! I actually would not have thought of that until I found that the hard way...
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...