Thread: Maclaren Snow Rodeo

Default Maclaren Snow Rodeo

I already posted this on Snowest and Ride 907 and figured some folks here might be interested as well.

The Maclaren Lodge (MP 42 Denali Hwy) stays open all year and is hosting their 2nd Annual Snowmachine Rodeo Feb 23-25 (Pres Day weekend).

I went last year and it was a load of fun. Alan and Suzie are great people who really go out of their way for snowmachiners and run a nice lodge in a great riding location. Rates are very reasonable and the food is good.

I'm going again this year and am posting all this to 1) Let fellow riders know Maclaren Lodge is there all winter and to 2) help drum up a little business for some good folks that cater to a sport increasingly under attack these days.

If anyone is interested I have reservations and am willing to share my room with another person ($60 per night/$30 each)

I'm riding in the 92 miles from Cantwell(which is a blast). If you're coming from Paxon it's 42 miles. The Denali Highway is a great snowmachine trail and except for the wind drifts, its smooth and fast.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Here's a link--check out the photo albums!!
    www.maclarenlodge.com

Presidents day is the 17-19. The rodeo dates are the 22-25.

If you have a short track you should be able to get to Maclaren lodge.
    Me and a buddy tried on Tuesday and my M1000 started to over heat by 9 mile.
    Horrible conditions, hardly any snow on the highway and rock hard concrete snow in the ditch.

Turned around and went over to Summit.

MCAT,
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully it will snow in the next two weeks, otherwise I drive to Paxon. Another option is to go from Eureka but I'll have to call Maclaren to confirm the trail is open.

I still have an extra bed in my room if anyone is interested in bunking with a stranger (lol)