Thread: Fly-in Hunt

Default Fly-in Hunt

I had a fly in hunt booked with Forty Mile Air for this year and am not going to make it. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that woul like to take the hunt? The hunt is for the Forty Mile Rver. If you are interested you can reach me by email r_carrera72@yahoo.com I dont think I have enough posts for a pm.

Wonder if you could post the planned dates and a few details about others on the hunt; 1 or more others, their experience levels, and anticipated costs? Thank you.

The hunt is booked to start on Sep 10 we had asked to be out there for 6 days. Moose base rate is $1795 per hunter and you add $900 if you harvest a moose to have it taken out of the bush. The hunt is for 2 people. www.fortymileair.com.

Are you doing this so you can recoup your deposit? Seems FMA would have no problem filling this with procrastinators. I've been guilty of same.

I am seperating from th AF and my buddy didnt want to go with some one he doesnt know. So we figure that if there were 2 guys out there that wanted to do a fly in this would be a good opp for them.

Is your buddy willing to not go hunting vs a new partner? While it can be a tough thing going with someone new and yes there can be many issues. I would think that it would easier to find one vs two. I'm sure that there are several members here that would make decsent companions and have references. Just a thought.

North Fork of the Forty Mile? The float hunt or the drop off at ******** Creek? We shot a good moose with them in that area in 2006.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

If you havent already, check with 40 mile because last time I flew with them hunts where not transferalble, if you couldnt make it you could carry it over to next year, things may have changed

I believe you are correct as per their contract http://www.fortymileair.com/hunter_contract.pdf It might be prudent to call them and discuss the change. They may very well be willing to accomidate you.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I believe you are correct as per their contract http://www.fortymileair.com/hunter_contract.pdf It might be prudent to call them and discuss the change. They may very well be willing to accomidate you.
    2. Deposits are for the individual hunter and the upcoming hunting season. If you cancel your hunt the deposit cannot be transferred to the next years season. Substitutions of hunters within the party are allowed, but if a hunter drops out his deposit is forfeited. As an example, if a reservation for four hunters is made and one hunter cannot hunt but has a new hunter take his place the deposit will move to the new hunter. If he cannot find a new hunter to replace him in the party then his deposit is forfeited.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    North Fork of the Forty Mile? The float hunt or the drop off at ******** Creek? We shot a good moose with them in that area in 2006.
    It is a drop off hunt. I know of some good moose coming out of there. A guy I work with has shot some nice ones.

I'm interested, send me a PM with all the details.

I cannot send PM. Do you have email I can reach you at?

Quote Originally Posted by carrera72 View Post
    I cannot send PM. Do you have email I can reach you at?
    wetzeto@gmail.com

Message sent

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Is your buddy willing to not go hunting vs a new partner? While it can be a tough thing going with someone new and yes there can be many issues. I would think that it would easier to find one vs two. I'm sure that there are several members here that would make decsent companions and have references. Just a thought.
    I just thought that if there was a pair of friends that wanted to go that it wold be easier. I do not doubt that there are members on here that are great companions.