Thread: Denali Highway pre-hunt special! Alpine Creek Lodge Alaska

Thumbs up Denali Highway pre-hunt special! Alpine Creek Lodge Alaska

For all you forum guys and gals, we are having a pre-hunt forum wood cutting party at the Alpine Creek Lodge. The dates are August 6th, 7th and 8th. Bring your chain saws, and help us get our winter wood cut. There are two log truck loads to cut up, about 18 cord. In exchange, you'll have free lodging, food, and beverage. I'm still down here in Louisiana and I don't think my wife, Jennifer, is going to be able to get it done before I get back on Sept. 1st. (If I make it by then!)

If you like applying perma-chink to logs, we need your skills also before winter finds us with our pants down again!

This will give you an excuse to come up and do some pre-scouting for moose, caribou and bear! If those dates don't work for you, let us know and anytime you want to earn your keep, and keep your cash, we always need help with something!

The new lodge direct phone is 907-743-0565. Ask for Jennifer or my brother Craig.
    If they are away from the lodge in town, you can try 907-398-1974.
    If you want to check on the weather in Louisiana and the Gulf, you can call me at 907-394-2552.
    Email the alpinecreeklodge@alaska.net for best results.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I already had a reservation for the 8th and 9th but I will make sure to throw the saw in the truck. Looking forward to it.

After my brother in law told me about your lodge this spring, I would love to come up and help, but will be on to happy sheep hunting grounds during that time. Hope to get to the lodge sometime this spring for a weekend of riding!

The Tilton's Dave, Deb, Zach, Blake & Hailey would love to come up and help.They have been wanting to come up and visit you all since me and Zach were up there this spring. Any way If you have the room we have the man power.

Just so you guys know what the firewood looks like I have 65 cords of my own to do.. Pics taken back when the sun still came out in late June.. it was a fun trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Gee, Thanks Doug for the pictures. Now no one is going to show up! heh heh! To the Tilton's, Bob is super excited to see his hockey buddies up there! Going to be a lot of fun! I really appreciate any help we can get. This might make Jennifer not kill me when I get back up there after being gone all summer! Just so you know, all bedding, food and beverage is provided. We should have machines around that you can borrow to go fishing and scouting. I'm hoping to get some time off for moose season. I've never been out of Alaska this long, and I don't like it.

Claude,
    Are you using an outdoor boiler or woodstove for heating? Have you looked at coal? I try to keep two years ahead on the wood, as when I have gotten caught short and used unseasoned wood, it too twice as much for the same heat and required chimney cleaning at times I could least afford to shut the fire off long enough to clean it. Have your wife check out the videos online of Alaska Nellie. Shoot she used to buck up that much wood with a bucksaw and split it with an axe. And she was old.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Claude i would love to come up and help... not sure i can swing the time been on the road for nearly a month now myself...

perhaps i can grab chuck on my way home and come by....

OH yeah.... hmmmm

not sure how much work would get done if we both showed up.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

that would be.......hmmmm....NONE

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Akres, we are using an outdoor boiler for coal. We burned 66,000 pounds last winter, and ran out at the first of April. I have 120,000 pounds coming in to the lodge in the next couple of weeks. The wood is for the barrel stove in the main lodge, and the cabins, and the rv spots. We burned about 12 cord last winter, and ran out too. I'll let my wife know about Alaska Nellie and ask her why she can't do it all herself... heh heh..
    I'm not sure if Jennifer is going to allow both Vince and Chuck up there at the same time. You might want to check in with her! heh heh.
    Again, any help is greatly appreciated! It's 105 here in Houma, LA today....

Sure wish I could help. I'm working remote for a few months or I would be there. We enjoyed our time there this spring and will be back for sure! Make sure to post again next year so I can be there. Got saws, can cut!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Akres, we are using an outdoor boiler for coal. We burned 66,000 pounds last winter, and ran out at the first of April. I have 120,000 pounds coming in to the lodge in the next couple of weeks. The wood is for the barrel stove in the main lodge, and the cabins, and the rv spots. We burned about 12 cord last winter, and ran out too. I'll let my wife know about Alaska Nellie and ask her why she can't do it all herself... heh heh..
    I'm not sure if Jennifer is going to allow both Vince and Chuck up there at the same time. You might want to check in with her! heh heh.
    LOL Thats Okay claude... you can tell her The city of anchoarge may not let us get together again also.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post

OHHH I could do it all myself but don't want to show you all up! Vince and Chuck in one place? A peice of cake!!! Just hide some crown in the middle of the pile of wood and tell them who ever gets to it first wins. 18 cords of wood would be done in a matter of minutes. AKDoug will be jealous that he didn't think of the game first!!
    Get Lost! (and like it!) Come to Alpine Creek Lodge! http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/

Thanks Bigrob for your help cutting wood!! You were a great help!
    Get Lost! (and like it!) Come to Alpine Creek Lodge! http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/

Man, wish I had a chainsaw! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliSnow View Post
    Thanks Bigrob for your help cutting wood!! You were a great help!
    You are very welcome. Wish we could of stayed longer. You really made it feel like home, and the grayling was excellent!!!

Man, wish I had a chainsaw! LOL!
    Dead serious. If you want a chainsaw to go help out up there give me a call at 733-2327 and ask for Doug. If I'm not there tell them to transfer you to my voice mail. I rent saws and would be glad to loan you one at no charge to get up there and help out Claude and Jennifer. I'd love to go help, but like I said in my other post I have a bunch of my own to do right now.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem