Thread: Kodiak Hotels

Default Kodiak Hotels

Setting up my travel plans for a Deer hunt. I have 3 guys total going and most of the hotels have only two beds, I have yet to call and see if i can get a rollout? I did look at Russian Heritage Inn as they have a room with three beds. I have never seen anyone post any comments on this place on this Forum. Anyone have any experience on this place? I'm going with Roland from Seahawk Air, so any recommendations will be taken. The last time I stayed at the comfort Inn at the airport. P.S the hotel will only ( Hopefully ) be one night on the way home. Getting into Kodiak on the AM Anchorage flight and hope to get out that afternoon if the weather is good. Thanks Steveo

Contact Seahawk and ask them about it. That is where we stayed and it was nothing special but warm and dry and I could walk around the town of Kodiak easily since it is right in downtown. Really just an older building, warm, dry, w/ beds to sleep on, porcelain to sit on, and a shower head to stand under which is a million times better than a tent.

I didn't think that I was going to catch any kind of strange disease by staying there but a big part of that is not inviting any of the locals back from the bar.

I'm not a spelling Nazi, but wanted to point out it is Rolan, not Roland, though I am sure he gets it all the time with his clients. Anywho...we stayed at the Best Western Kodiak Inn on Rolan's recommendation. LuJon's comments are on par.

I also stayed at the best western for my last bear hunt. What I liked about it is it is downtown within walking distance of everything.

I didn't think that I was going to catch any kind of strange disease by staying there but a big part of that is not inviting any of the locals back from the bar. [/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you can take locals home from the bar, just don't take any fishermen/fisherwomen or tourists back with you
    You dont know where they've been.

shelikof has rooms with two bed and you can grab a roll out, alot cleaner than the russian hertitage, pretty close together.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Maybe a B&B

I also statrted looking at some of the local B&B's as they have room and beds for all three of us, plus I get to immerce myself into the local area more.

On Seahawks recommendation we stayed at the Shelikof (sp?)It was good enough for the price and they had a free shuttle to and back from the airport. Walking distance to the True Value, AC store, Macks and Cys sport shops and McDonalds. The Shelikof also has a small restaurant and a bar.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I stayed at the Best Western this past weekend and they had the same amenities available and also downtown. I paid $149 per night for two beds.

shelikof is usually about 98 for a room.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It was when I was there $90 for single, $100 for a double plus tax now.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Eider House B&B

Stayed at the Eider house twice last year. Wonderful place and great people. PM'ed if you'd like more info.