Thread: Alaska Series, No fault guarantee

Smile Alaska Series, No fault guarantee

Just like to say the Alaska Series boats are tuff, but guys like me can find ways to tear them up! I burned a huge hole in my 380 type inflatable raft, it was a stomach churning (that bad) hole. Anyway's Jim King fixed it up airtight and was no charge, no fault and covered under the warranty. He did say it was one of the bigger jobs of the year including the holes a bear ate into a raft. His warranty is real no matter how BAD.... Thanks again Jim

And in the future I imagine you will just throw water on your camp fire to put it out rather than the raft.....

KR,
    Please do tell...how did you burn a hugh hole in your raft?
    This could be a one-of-a-kind learning opportunity for the rafting and float hunting forums.
    Or you could report "It's my raft and I can burn a hugh hole in it if I want to".
    Man, I got to know. How did you do it? In addition, this is an excellent opportunity, a real life indorsement of the No Fault Warrenty associated with Alaska Series Rafts.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    KR,
    Please do tell...how did you burn a hugh hole in your raft?
    This could be a one-of-a-kind learning opportunity for the rafting and float hunting forums.
    Or you could report "It's my raft and I can burn a hugh hole in it if I want to".
    Man, I got to know. How did you do it? In addition, this is an excellent opportunity, a real life indorsement of the No Fault Warrenty associated with Alaska Series Rafts.
    Dennis
    Dennis,
    Have to admit I wasn't even thinking that could happen.... Anyways was up at Willow and inflatated the raft the evening before our float. Figured I would just lean it up against the camper (WRONG). There is that thing called the waterheater exhaust. Says HOT right on it, must have missed that part... the rest is history as woke up next morning with a boat stuck to the camper. Good news is the patch kit works pretty good with the wife's hair dryer... Lol We made the float happen regardless. So add that to your list of not to do's
    Ken

Lesson learned!
    Glad to hear your warranty was bullet proof.
    Years ago I shot my van..."Its my van and I can shoot it if I want to".
    Stuff happens, and gives us something to laaugh about for a lifetime....

dennis

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Lesson learned!
    Glad to hear your warranty was bullet proof.
    Years ago I shot my van..."Its my van and I can shoot it if I want to".
    Stuff happens, and gives us something to laaugh about for a lifetime....

dennis
    LOL, My buddy shot his truck last year. Way to funny looking back but could have been a real bad deal had there been someone in it. Rear window, seat, dash, airbag, heater core and the Window frame (body work) all had to be replaced. Thank god for "bullet proof" insurance as the final bill was several thousand!! He learned a valuable lesson about keeping a round in the hole while hunting!! It is not clear what happened but the round was fired while trying to pull a Remington 300 WM out of a Kolpin gun boot bolted to a wheeler in the truck bed. So best bet is no round in chamber but if you must at least don't transport it in a gun boot that way!!

Glad the trip went off despite the misfortune and that the manufacturer backed up their product.

We popped a hole in our Alaska Series the first trip out with it, right next to the base of the plastic handle on the front of the raft. Not being sure if we could get the rubber patch provided in the kit to stick to the plastic of the handle, we called Jim. He immediately offered to repair it at his shop, or to explain to us how to fix it without having to bring it to Anch, since we wanted to use it that weekend. We were very satisfied with his level of service. We love the boat, have had the whole family out 5 times already this year: The Kenai twice, Willow Creek, Little Su, oh, I guess only 4. Anyway, thanks Jim!

I'm glad I found this thread! I have my deposit in w/ Jim for a new Alaska series.

Default "My buddy shot his truck last year..."

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    My buddy shot his truck last year...
    That line just begs for a thread this winter.

If I am not mistaken, it was an Alaskan Serise boat that the idiots used to try to go down six creek.

http://www.adn.com/2010/08/02/139279...on-6-mile.html

I wonder how another raft would have faired if it slammed into the wall with 9 people in it?

The Alaska Series raft we have was hit by a bull moose who could hear a female nearby. He was hitting his rack on anything nearby, and, sadly, the inflated raft was nearby....
    It gashed a big slice in it. We tried to patch it the best we could, but it kept losing air because the hole was near the label on the front...but, no questions asked, they fixed it completely. It does make for an interesting story, however!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan