Thread: 20a any bull

Default 20a any bull

I drew DM769 and have done some good research on best or most productive times to hunt. I plan to use boat and not afraid to walk off the beaten path. I also have hunted off Saljacket slough about 10 years ago but have not been there since. I am planning a scouting trip soon and was hoping someone could give me pointers on any waterways. I run a 1852 alweld with a jet. Looking for best times to scout (from experiences) and amount of pressure areas get. I understand Slajacket slough gets hit pretty hard but do most people run the water and dont venture off? I have done alot of internet/map research and looking for any first hand experiences.

I don't have any info, I'm just watching this thread to see what type of smart ass comment the weasel has to say. I'm sure it's coming. I came to see you the other day when I was on the MG range but you weren't in.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Saltjacket gets hammered hard every year. I have hunted that area for several years and I wont be going back anytime soon, the airboats tear it up for everyone else. This year the fire has gotten into the mouth of the slough, not sure how that is going to effect whats been in there for the last couple of years.

That being said, I drew the same tag and Im going to be going out a bit later this year as compared to years past.

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    I don't have any info, I'm just watching this thread to see what type of smart ass comment the weasel has to say. I'm sure it's coming. I came to see you the other day when I was on the MG range but you weren't in.
    I doubt there will be any negativity on this one. Seems like he has done his research and has a plan. That is all anyone really expects around here. Most of the "witty" responses are saved for those that post up a few weeks before season saying "I drew XXX tag and have no idea what I am doing but would like you to tell me where I can shoot a XX" moose at".

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I doubt there will be any negativity on this one. Seems like he has done his research and has a plan. That is all anyone really expects around here. Most of the "witty" responses are saved for those that post up a few weeks before season saying "I drew XXX tag and have no idea what I am doing but would like you to tell me where I can shoot a XX" moose at".
    Weasel here and I couldn't have said it better LuJon.

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post

Yeah the weasel threads are always amusing to read, and I really thought i would get bashed for starting this one, but all I was looking for is any 1st hand knowledge of waterways, land stuff like that. Hey well I work nights now and I do alot of research, just scored a bunch of plywood and am going next month to do a little scout trip and build me a stand or 2, found some good prospects on google earth, but until I get on ground cant make final descisions. Went on ADFG website and looked up all the data from last 2 years for unit 20a, dm 768, 769, all say pretty much the same.
    i am looking to head up the haul road in aug sometime.

wiso, akhunter, you guys are making it hard for me to bash on ya if you start talking about me before I get a freaking chance to respond!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    wiso, akhunter, you guys are making it hard for me to bash on ya if you start talking about me before I get a freaking chance to respond!
    ha you better get back to work hahahhahahhah

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    ha you better get back to work hahahhahahhah
    that's alot of laughing for someone who needs help moose hunting!

If you are good at running skinny water with your boat set up, I can offer a suggestion.

Shoot me a PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    Yeah the weasel threads are always amusing to read, and I really thought i would get bashed for starting this one, but all I was looking for is any 1st hand knowledge of waterways, land stuff like that. Hey well I work nights now and I do alot of research, just scored a bunch of plywood and am going next month to do a little scout trip and build me a stand or 2, found some good prospects on google earth, but until I get on ground cant make final descisions. Went on ADFG website and looked up all the data from last 2 years for unit 20a, dm 768, 769, all say pretty much the same.
    i am looking to head up the haul road in aug sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    I plan on making a run up the haul rd sometime in august too. Not quite sure when yet. This work stuff is messing up my hunting. I'm planning on some sheep in the Brooks.

Weasel, I saw your message to AKHuntress. Won't pugalee get pissed off if you kick him out of that stand?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

now when the hell did pissing him off ever stop me from doing s**t! He talks big, but I'm the one who always has to back him up in the bar when he starts running his mouth. The messages i sent to huntress we're intended for you to see them, ol' ricky wanted me to get a rise out of you.... I think it worked!!!

hunter i definitely would love to hook up on a slope hunt my work schedule is kind of weird but i usually have a 3 day weekend every other weekend, i dont know if i am going to hunt the 40 mile herd i have to work on the 29th let me know on possible slope dates

In my opinion, Salchaket Slough is like hunting on Cushman Range! Just add about 10 airboats running all hours of the day(night) into the mix, people coming into your camp messing stuff up when your not there along with using your tree stands when your not in them, and that pretty much sums it up right there.... only thing "missing" on that hunt is the sound of an "Ice Cream Truck" in the distance playing your favorite song since your so close to town! OH, and ofcourse "Moose" !
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"