Thread: Grundens Packable Rainwear

Default Grundens Packable Rainwear

Just picked up a Jacket and pants to have as my packable rain gear, for my Brooks Sheep Hunt. First time seeing these from GRUNDENS, was looking for H/H impertech and these looked like they would hold up alot better, http://www.grundens.com/index.php?op...pper&Itemid=27 plus 1/2 the price. I thought I'd give them a try. I'll still be bringing my Rivers West but don't think I will need it. Just thought I'd share something I've haven't seen yet.

The link didn't bring up the right page. Click on outterwear then Packable-they are the Watch Jacket & pant.

Wore them on a goat hunt last year. Lightweight and very durable. Didn't get wet either. THey are good pants.

Forgot to mention. Save yourself the trouble---leave the RW at home---unless you just want to wear it in base camp...

Ditto on the rw.

What's the rw?

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    What's the rw?
    Rivers West.

I knew I was going to hear it on Rivers West. Love- Hate.

Any suggestions in place(RW) for a Jacket? My $$funds are about tapped out for gear.

Oh!! Rivers West!
    You could always grab a jacket from Helly Hanson. I ordered the Grunden's packable and am eager to see how it works. I hate wearing rain gear, but need some that work.

[QUOTE=northway I ordered the Grunden's packable and am eager to see how it works. I hate wearing rain gear, but need some that work.[/QUOTE]

I bought my instore, good thing the bottoms I needed were a small and I wear a 32-32 pant. If I were to have ordered them I proably would have order the wrong size.

I have the Grundens "Packable" rain Jacket.. The "Breathable" part of it, is tiny little holes in the PVC. If all you are doing is hiking in an open area, it'll keep you dry-ish. When you are busting through brush like found in a SE rainforest.. You'll get wet. When wet foliage rubs up against it, water seeps through those little "breather" holes.