Thread: Glock 20 22 conversion

Default Glock 20 22 conversion

Just got my Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my 10mm in the mail yesterday. I oiled it like the directions showed and in about 10 seconds removed the 10mm slide and replaced with the .22 unit. The clips hold ten rounds. The kit comes with one clip and I ordered a second. They originally sent me the wrong kit and had to wait another month, but they sent me an additional two clips, so now I have four.
    In the first 50 rounds I had about two fail to feeds in each clip. Now it seems to be better as the number of rounds go up. Accuracy seems to be good, but not having much time with the gun, I'm guessing there is a little room for improvement in myself. I'm no Glock expert, but I think a little trigger work may be in order as well.

g20.jpg

i have a marvel 22.lr kit for my 1911 and i would say the first 100 rds out of it was a break in time frame and after that it was running like a like a champ .as far as inprovement in yourself the sky is the limit when it comes to inprovement in one shooting skills

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    Just got my Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my 10mm in the mail yesterday. I oiled it like the directions showed and in about 10 seconds removed the 10mm slide and replaced with the .22 unit. The clips hold ten rounds. The kit comes with one clip and I ordered a second. They originally sent me the wrong kit and had to wait another month, but they sent me an additional two clips, so now I have four.
    In the first 50 rounds I had about two fail to feeds in each clip. Now it seems to be better as the number of rounds go up. Accuracy seems to be good, but not having much time with the gun, I'm guessing there is a little room for improvement in myself. I'm no Glock expert, but I think a little trigger work may be in order as well.

g20.jpg
    I have one too. With mags I noticed the last two will have gaps inbetween them, caused the fail to feed. Keep an eye on it and you prevent it. I have ran 3 or 4 brands of ammo and all do well. But I stocked up on the Golden Bullets when SW had them in. Need to find time to shoot more myself.

I posted mine for sale to get another one with a longer barrel that is threaded, for a silencer! No takers yet and will be an expensive journey. But I would get my .17hmr rifle threaded to and use it on both guns! Bunnies beware!!

g20.jpg

Wanna sell one of your mags?

I was shooting Rem Thunderbolts, which are not recommended, but seemed to work. I will get some Holden's
    Where are you getting the threaded barrel from?
    I really don't need four clips, but I'm in the L48, so your probably as well off just ordering from AA
    Have you done any trigger work on yours?

goose pilot, whats the price tag on the conversion kit if you don't mind me asking?

The kit with an extra clip came to $319, I believe. Not cheap, and yes I could have bought a nice 22 pistol for that. The way I looked at this was I have very little trigger time with any semi auto pistol, other than the ruger Mk II 22 I had as a kid. I think this will be a good way to get more time with a gun I want to become intimately familiar with and any 22 is just fun.

I don't have one of those kits, but most semi auto 22s are finnicky about ammo. Looks like you're using lead bullets. I'd try a box of any copper plated HPs next. Pick up a couple of 50 round boxes of different ammo types and give each a try till you find one that works. Make sure you clean out the feed ramps and extractors as well after shooting. Gunk will foul the extractor and lube and lead will accumulate from the bullet tips if you still go with the lead tips.

I'm probably going to get a conversion for my Glock 19. As expensive as they are, 9mm ammo is just too **** expensive these days, and that isn't going to change.

OBTW, the **** in the last sentence was inserted by this site's software. I didn't realize that "dam" plus an "n" was so offensive that software is required to protect innocent eyes. Maybe the software should be modified to edit out the contents of many posts that are a whole lot more offensive to a lot of us!
    Last edited by GD Yankee; 07-24-2010 at 11:08. Reason: software editing

I was shooting Rem Thunderbolts, which are not recommended, but seemed to work. I will get some Holden's
    Where are you getting the threaded barrel from?
    I really don't need four clips, but I'm in the L48, so your probably as well off just ordering from AA
    Have you done any trigger work on yours?
    I have an extra mag. Just another would be nice for 3 total. There is a kit from another company who uses the same upper from AA I guess they just make a barrel, not sure if you can buy just the barrel. Only seen the kits. Tactical Innovations is the company. I wish they made a 6" long slide .22 kit.

My trigger is stock. I have a 3.5# connector rod and 6# trigger spring I have played around with. Will do some more testing. The trigger was too light with the parts listed. I didn't feel comfortable hunting like that. So put the factory stuff back in along with a 6# firing pin spring.

Yep cheap way to learn a 10mm trigger! I would stick to what is recommended for the AA kit and especially with plated bullets atleast.

Tactical Innovations has the silencers. hi-desertdog.com has the kits with longer barrel. Advantage Arms website has replacement bbls for sale. Standard, extended and extended ported. $130 for the extened ported. I might just do that instead of selling and buying another kit. The kits don't appear to be the LE model, which I have and would want another one.

does the slide lock to the rear, on the last round?

I fired from only one clip for the first 50 rounds. The first two times it did not stay open, the next three times it did. After that I started using all of them. Sometimes it doesn't stay open. Don't know if it is a clip thing or not.

I fired from only one clip for the first 50 rounds. The first two times it did not stay open, the next three times it did. After that I started using all of them. Sometimes it doesn't stay open. Don't know if it is a clip thing or not.
    Mine has always stayed open. It is probably from the ammo not being hot enough, which is just barely cycling the slide enough to load a new round.