Thread: Missing Pentax Binoculars

Default Missing Pentax Binoculars

Hello,

A beautiful 14-year relationship came to an abrupt halt on Saturday when my Pentax 10x42 binoculars disappeared. Having been witness to some previous success stories via this forum, where equipment has been returned to its rightful owners, I figured it was worth putting some feelers out in the event that the friend of the friend of the person who found the binoculars may read this thread.

The Pentax went missing at a pulloff of the Seward highway near Girdwood, as nearly as I can tell, following multiple exchanges of hand between my out-of-state relatives looking at goats. I don't know who last had them or why they never made it back into the car, but an hour later I was sick to my stomach when the binoculars were nowhere to be found. I returned to the pulloff to search, but as expected they were gone.

I would happily give a reward and a stout handshake to the person who returns the binoculars. They were a valued piece of my hunting equipment and I would very much love to have them back. Please keep your ears open, and if you hear of such a find I would appreciate being contacted. Also, any advice on other avenues for finding the binoculars, any recommendations for a suitable replacement pair, or any condolences would be well received.

Thanks so much for your help, and take care!

Figured I'd bump this one back to the top. No news certainly isn't good news, but here's for hoping.

This close to hunting season, I think I'd be looking at buying some new binocs.
    Since it was relatives and not friends, I'd be handing them a bill for the new ones.
    But that's just the way I'd look at the situation.
    Gary

Perhaps you could post a "loudly colored note" (laminated for rain) at the site where you lost your trusted hunting partner. Be sure to have a phone # and, or an email address with time and date of your loss. The person could returned to the area, or someone who knows this story. It is possible they would feel your pain and contact you. Strange things happen in the land of the midnight sun.... I hope you are reunited, sorry for your loss.