Thread: Anybody know where I can find 3/8ish smoked Lexan/Plexiglass around Anchorage?

Default Anybody know where I can find 3/8ish smoked Lexan/Plexiglass around Anchorage?

I'm wanting to put in a interior access hatch on the rode locker so I can rake it from inside the cuddy vs having to put on my life vest & go outside to the bow and open the locker. Lexan/plexi because I want to see if the rode is piling up from the captains chair.

It gets downright exciting when the weather gets snotty, the kind of excitement I can do without.

I figure a piece thats a 1' x 2' would work great, add a couple of hinges, latches, weatherstripping, & edge drip guards on the interior and I'd be in business.

I dont want polycarbonate because even though it's almost impossible to break, it scratches too easily, and i want this to look good since it'll be visible from the cabin.

I called a couple of glass places but all they had in stock was clear plexiglass

Thanks!
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Did you try Image Plastics?

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Maast, Should have mentioned when I was at your house the other day -I own a glass company.

Heh, didnt occur to me, went to speedy glass and got 1/4 inch Lexan, it'll work for a window into the rode locker. They probably raped me: 40 bucks for a 2 foot by 1 foot piece.

AK2AZ, I did call image plastics when I saw our posting, but they didnt have quite what I needed.

Think I'm just going to do a dual sliding window like trucks have in their rear, it'll be simpler and I wont have to worry about it coming unlatched.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

That sounds like a pretty reasonable price, a full 4X8 sheet will run about $500.