Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW...Wooldridge customer service

Default WOW...Wooldridge customer service

I've just gotta' make mention of it....I've heard the stories of how well the folks at Wooldridge treat their customers, and my dealings with them have been stellar too...but today they showed me that even the little things matter...and to me, that's a big thing....

I recently purchased a boat from them, and as hard as I tried to find some negative traits to report the only thing I could whine about was the lack of a 12 volt outlet and lack of swivel seats....Now keep in mind, it was completely, 100% my fault that they were not on the boat....I never thought to add those items...

Here on the forum, I made mention of the items that I wished that I would have added ..never did I call Wooldridge to tell them...afterall, it was my fault and I was just going to purchase the items locally....

well, someone down there must have been reading this forum, because guess what showed up in the mail today....a nicely packaged box containing a 12 volt power outlet and a couple swivel brackets for my seats.......what a nice surprize and one heck of a thoughtful gesture to show me that they genuinely want me to be happy with my new boat....

the items may seem like small beans, but the gesture is priceless....I'm so darn pleased with the boat, I wouldn't care if it didn't have any seats at all, I wouldn't trade it...

great job guys and Thank You.......the folks at Wooldridge are making it impossible to find anything to be displeased about.....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    great job guys and Thank You.......the folks at Wooldridge are making it impossible to find anything to be displeased about.....
    Yep, they're a real class act. Last winter working with them to build the boat I'd been building in my head for the last 10 years was a great experience. Kudos to the Wooldridge crew!!

Hey WR, if you are listening send me a PM and I will send you my mailing address for some brochures.
    Thank you if you are out there...

WOW that was fast TJM, that little bird flies quick. Now you don't have to twist your neck all the time to see if the guy following you made the last corner!!!!! Glad they are continuing to make Alaskan boaters happy, just like me since my first ride in that old 1981 Wooldridge Classic.

I agree, they have treated me very well as well. and I love my boat!! keep up the good work!!

Never dealt with them directly, but their dealer is another matter! ;(

there great people at Wooldridge bought a new 2000 sport drifter from Marita was speced with 90gal tank but end up being only a 45 gal both Wade at marita and Glen at wooldridge got me squared away in a timley maner.Thanks again Glen as this boat brought me over 7000 fun field miles on the yukon. Perry

When I was in Iraq for the second time dreaming of my new boat I wanted to build, Grant and Glen mailed me a CD with videos of their boats and adventures on the water and in Alaska. In the box also was a hat, a window sticker and other items. Talk about making a guys day in the desert. I thought that was cool and all, but then when I bought the boat from them, they really took care of me in more ways than one. Here is my quick story.

I pulled a rookie move on the Skagit river in Washington with my wife and went down the wrong channel and ended up grounding the boat just short of the main channel. That was stressful, but not compared to the fact that I ended with no power to the jet after getting the boat back in the water. It being Saturday, I made a desperate call to the factory and got Grant. They talked me through the process of taking the lower unit apart and showing me the realities of shearing the key. Needless to say, my wife and I hiked out, got a ride and made it home. Very early the next day, one of the crew at the factory, Vince, actually drove up close to where I live and gave me a new key, instructions, and a few good stories of his own past groundings to take back to the boat to get it running.

I learned some very valuable lesson of jet boating that day, but none so important of the fact that the customer service you get with the "Wooldridge" product is unmatched by any other manufacturer. So I got the boat back to the trailer with hardly even a scratch on the bottom and I now carry about 5 shear keys with me in the boat at all times.

Great story sowder! I remember when I was dreaming of a boat while sitting in the desert a few years ago, I emailed a popular dealer in the interior who specialized in shallow water boats several times. They didn't even respond to the emails. When I got home I bought a USED wooldridge and even without making a dime off of me Grant and Glenn answered tons of questions for me and never hesitated to spend as much time as needed to make me happy. When I buy a new boat it will also be a wooldridge and now that they have the AK XL w/ a sportjet that time may be getting closer!!

Responding to:
    "Hey WR, if you are listening send me a PM and I will send you my mailing address for some brochures.
    Thank you if you are out there... "

Our websit is Wooldridgeboats.com and if you go there you can download the brochure in a PDF format.

Glen Wooldridge

they sound wonderful. but i hope they learned that when someone orders a boat to go through all available options with them. people will spend more and not miss out on something they really wanted or could have wanted.

Flatbottom, I respect your post, however in my personal experience the team spent many hours with me explaining what they thought I would need and what I thought I would need and we put the two list together. Of course, price is always an inhibitor to some things you want to add to a boat. They will send you a price list of everything they put on a boat and also offer to build anything you can think of with a published shop rate for that as well. The best part of my experience is they didn't push anything on me, to include the boat. I didn't have that experience with other boat dealers. I know personally that if you ask they will oblige as much as possible.

i was referring to the original posters saying he forgot to include them when he ordered the boat. which sounds like it wasnt mentioned to him.

something totally different than what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    WOW that was fast TJM, that little bird flies quick. Now you don't have to twist your neck all the time to see if the guy following you made the last corner!!!!!

No it is to see who TJM lost out of the boat on one of his runs
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Roger that flatbottom

Quote Originally Posted by flatbottom View Post
    they sound wonderful. but i hope they learned that when someone orders a boat to go through all available options with them. people will spend more and not miss out on something they really wanted or could have wanted.
    flatbottom...you've got a point...if the folks at Wooldridge had asked me, "Hey, you want to add some swivel brackets to your seats?"....I would have said "sure"......heck, they asked me about a bunch of options I never responded to, I wasn't focused on those things very much....

...my desire was to keep the boat simple, no add ons, and keep the cost down....and I expressed that to Wooldridge during the build, we were not focused on what options that I wanted, I didn't want any....we discussed in depth how to eliminate many of the issues that were noted with other sport jets....for example, reducing cavitation and noise, and maximizing handling, and they absolutely hit it out of the park with my desires....

the funny thing is, when I told Glen that I didn't want any options/add ons he chuckled a tiny bit and said that I'd be calling him back with some 'add ons'...and he was correct, after a while I sent him a list of some items I wanted added ...I was the one that forgot to put the 12V and swivels on my list...lol...

but the spirit of my post was to illustrate that the folks at Wooldridge saw an opportunity so take care of a customer and did it, without being obligated or asked....you can't hardly buy that kind of commitment....some builders have it, and some don't...I'm not alone when I say Wooldridge has it....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I'll be looking at their site now, thx TJM .... seeing how much I need to save up...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

from what i see of the folks at wooldridge, if you want a new custom boat there has to be an awfully good reason NOT to go to them. they seem terrific.

Thats awsome when i had my classic they always helped my out when I needed it wish they were building Sj when I was in the market but I do love my SJX

hi all, i would like to add something!...even though wooldridge has my deposit for the boat, and the sale has been done, grant has still been with me answering all my questions and hasnt shrugged me off!!..highly recommended! larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast