Default Alaska Enduro visits the Permanante Trail

Greetings all,

Here's the latest from Enduro Alaska 2010 -The Third Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVQXXBkeYjE

Hope you enjoy.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Cool video, well done!

Glad I wasn't up there with my family the day you guys were. Flying around corners like that is flat out stupid. Save it for the wide open spaces like Knik.

Great video

Quote Originally Posted by dansvan View Post
    Glad I wasn't up there with my family the day you guys were. Flying around corners like that is flat out stupid. Save it for the wide open spaces like Knik.
    Hello Dan,

Thanks for your constructive criticism. The helmet cam uses a wide angle lens that creates an illusion of speed. I have a vested interest in not having a head-on collision with a four wheeler or other rider or horse, moose, etc. So we ride responsibly and within our limitations, even if only to avoid an extended hospital stay.

The most heinous collisions thatI have seen have been out in Knik's "open spaces." A bunch of middle-aged motorcyclists are not your biggest threat on the trails, but are an easy target for sanctimonious posts.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Thanks Bigwheel keep the vids coming
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Ditto here as well,love the videos and commentateing. Not too mention the KTM's ripping it up!

Justify it anyway you want. People live on that road you guys were flying up side by side, roosts flying out behind you. No illusion there. Easy target singled out? Please. Man up and tell me to deal with it. Dont hide behind a well written response. You will do what you want when you want. Tis the society we live in. The me first and screw you, you were in my way attitude.

Dan,

You're right I shouldn't handle this in a civil manner and "hide behind a well written response."

I think you are a twit. And my big brother can beat you up.

Does that improve the discourse?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Technically motorcycles driving side by side is legal on roads. They are still narrower than a vehicle..... But that is beside the point.

Mr. BigWheel, where are you guys getting the KTMs? I have been drooling over one of the 450 EXC's for a while now!! Is there a dealer somewhere in AK?

Indeed. Sorry to let the thread degenerate into standard internet drivel.

One of the KTMs was a leftover found in Mississippi with an appropriately large discount and an even larger transportation charge. Another came from the dealer in Fairbanks while the third came from Don's store in Anchorage, The Cycle Shop.

The 450exc is indeed phenomenal, just heavy. That is a consideration when you have to pick the bike up numerous times on a ride.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BigWheel View Post
    Indeed. Sorry to let the thread degenerate into standard internet drivel.

One of the KTMs was a leftover found in Mississippi with an appropriately large discount and an even larger transportation charge. Another came from the dealer in Fairbanks while the third came from Don's store in Anchorage, The Cycle Shop.

The 450exc is indeed phenomenal, just heavy. That is a consideration when you have to pick the bike up numerous times on a ride.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
    Thanks for the info! I am probably going to be spending some time in Alabama next year and have found a few 04/05 models in the 4K range. If I take my truck down there I may have to bring one back up. Still kicking around bringing up a new boat as well. That would be a sweet drive w/ a new (to me) bike in the bed and a new wooldridge XL sport jet bringing up the rear!! (wheels turning in head...)

Dan,

You're right I shouldn't handle this in a civil manner and "hide behind a well written response."

I think you are a twit. And my big brother can beat you up.

Does that improve the discourse?

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
    Regardless of whose side your on with this one, that is just plane funny stuff.

Ditto on the funny stuff.
    Mr Big thanks for keeping a sense of humor
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    Ditto on the funny stuff.
    Mr Big thanks for keeping a sense of humor
    Normally I would edit that post, but honestly when someone actually requests a flame I don't know what to do with that.

Guy in front of a judge on assault charges:

Judge: "Sir did you punch the plaintiff in the face?"

Defendant: "Yes sir, I did."

Judge: "May I ask why you thought it necessary to strike the plaintiff?"

Defendant: "Well your honor, he requested that I strike him."

Judge-->Plaintiff: "Sir did you request to be struck in the face?"

Plaintiff: "Yes your honor, I did"

Judge-->Defendant: "Well sir in light of this information, may I commend you on your speedy response and outstanding service with a smile."
    (gavel) Bang, Bang.... "Case Dismissed!"

I have been checking out Mr. Big Wheels videos for some time and they are put together in a very professional way.I wish I had your talent in that area as I would have some pretty cool home videos myself.
    As for KTM's;........ This year at 41 years old and a lifetime of roosting on Japanese bikes(big Honda fan)I have thrown my leg over a KTM for the first time in my life and am in awe. This won't be what your expecting,not a new gen fourstroke or even a new well running 2stroke.
    Rather a chance buy on an older used up bigbore 2 stroke in need of alot of attention. This old KTM has turned out to be the BEST trail bike I have rode/owned/thrown a leg over!
    Your videos continued to keep me amped up throughout the build up over this last winter when I would come in from the shop tired and looking for motivation. Thank you Youtube.
    If you see me on a 1990 KTM540DX/C throwing grapefruit sized rocks out the bussiness end please stop me so I can meet you in person.
    I for one appreciate the effort and time you put into your video presentations.

Last edited by cwoods; 07-23-2010 at 22:38. Reason: different pic

Heres the AFTER photo. Everything gone through on this bike,"no stone left unturned" and what a pleasure to ride. Decievingly quick...... must......stay.......focused!!!!

I figured MR Bigwheel could appreciate a nother photo.

Last edited by cwoods; 07-23-2010 at 22:55. Reason: different pic

Mr. Woods,

Your before photos roughly approximate the condition of the KTMs that we are riding now, minus an appropriate amount of duct tape and bailing wire.

Your current version looks like a museum piece or perhaps something that should be made into a coffee table and displayed in your living room. That's simply astounding.

You've inspired me to step up my own program and I might eventually change my oil or bleed my brakes. More than likely, though, I'll probably just have another beer.

Again, just a beautiful result and I hope it was worth the blood sweat and tears that obviously went into it.

With accolades,

Mr. BigWheel

Mr. Woods,

Your before photos roughly approximate the condition of the KTMs that we are riding now, minus an appropriate amount of duct tape and bailing wire.

Your current version looks like a museum piece or perhaps something that should be made into a coffee table and displayed in your living room. That's simply astounding.

You've inspired me to step up my own program and I might eventually change my oil or bleed my brakes. More than likely, though, I'll probably just have another beer.

Again, just a beautiful result and I hope it was worth the blood sweat and tears that obviously went into it.

With accolades,

Mr. BigWheel
    What do you mean "change" your oil? I guess I always had special bikes with an auto changing feature. Well at least the drain part was automatic, still had a manual filler....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast