Thread: Fishing Kenai/Russian confluence.

Default Fishing Kenai/Russian confluence.

Well it sounds like the fishing is great downstream around Soldotna, but the fish really haven't shown up that far upstream yet. Anyone been fishing the confluence? I'm heading down in a few days and I will report back, but I figure I might as well ask if anyone has done any good there yet.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Heading down tommorow from wasilla at 5am will be dippin and maybe fishin around soldatna. Will post when i get back!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Was sown at the Russian Sunday/Monday, went down to the confluence to fish for trout by the cleaning tables, saw 3 fish caught in half an hour, plenty of people out there, and the action was slow.

Looking at the #'s the second run should start arriving in good numbers by the weekend and expect very good fishing by mid to late next week.

I was in the confluence Monday from about noon to 330PM. I saw plenty of hookups and fish caught. I landed 2 should have had 3 and only kept one. Buddy limited.
    Its heating up. I think it will be very hot by the weekend.

Oooh, I think I need to make a run down there. Anyone have a campsite they might not use?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Oooh, I think I need to make a run down there. Anyone have a campsite they might not use?

Fish On!
    Ditto on the campsite... It has been quite the trial to find a place to camp this year. Since the advance reservation lines have made it possible to reserve so far out, it ties quite a few of the campsites up even if the folks do not use their reservations. At least that is what the folks at the reservation line tell me.

If they go unused after 24hrs they will release them. I play the game and get mine every year. It is nice knowing I have a spot to park the camper and boat for the wife. I do not like seeing sites go unsed at all though. It is a shame as there are so many people wanting them
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Do they make people pay in advance for the reservation sites?
    We had several state parks here in Missouri that took reservations (without prepay), but had a great deal of 'NO SHOWS'. Since we went to a 50% downpayment fee & minimum number of nights/days, the number of NO SHOWS went down drasticly. We also release at 7PM unless advanced notice was given for a late arrival.

Yes you must pay in full in advance. You can cancell up to a week before and get a full refund. Otherwise you are out of luck

Hey Chuck are you planning on doing the upper on Friday? I'm thinking about taking the day off and hitting it with my drifter.

Im chasing butts friday in deep creek. Im floating thursday, saturday and sunday

Quote Originally Posted by nuprofessor View Post
    Do they make people pay in advance for the reservation sites?
    We had several state parks here in Missouri that took reservations (without prepay), but had a great deal of 'NO SHOWS'. Since we went to a 50% downpayment fee & minimum number of nights/days, the number of NO SHOWS went down drasticly. We also release at 7PM unless advanced notice was given for a late arrival.

Our stuff up here is managed through www.recreation.gov full payment up front

Chuck, will you and your wife be at the russian river campground this sat?

Yes we will. June and I and my daughter, JohnSWA and his wife will be up from AZ too. We are always around the blazing fire, with beverages flowing in the evening. We are in site 20 I believe that is steelhead. Stop by for some chat. Im gonna be there thurs through monday and john through tuesday