Thread: Tip: Boat side protection for dip-netting..

Default Tip: Boat side protection for dip-netting..

Tired of scratching your side rails when dip-netting from your boat? Don't like taping towels to your dip-net or hanging rugs or rubber mats over the sides of your boat? Try this:

Buy/use some perc pipe!

Percolator pipe is used for leach fields and is rather cheap.. If you have a Phantom, SJX, SeaArk, etc. (I'm sure it will work on other boats as well) cut a segment in half, split down the yellow line with a box knife and put it on the sides of your boat.

Here are a few pics of my Phantom to show you what it looks like installed. Its an easy, temporary, cheap, and lightweight way to keep your boat looking nice while your dip-netting.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Trying to post the images via my iPhone and the Tapatalk software App... I'll try this again to see if this works, if not I'll have to upload them Tuesday night.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Sorry, the upload won't work.. I'll upload them when I return from Kenai.

I used that this year on my 20' Sea Runner. Worked great. Kept the net from getting tangled in the rivets for the topper.
    "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

You could also use pvc pipe over the net handle and then it will work on any boat. That's how I didi mine.

WAWAWAaaa

I use teflon pex tubing works great and keeps dents away
    fshrman

another great trip t chitna!!! They didn't come easy but like most years hard work did pay off with my limit!!! AHHHHHHHHHH lots if fish for the winter.
    Thanks again for the Copper Rived Charters!!!!!!!!!! that 100 bucks is worth every dollar!!!!!! got mine in about 5 hours you folks need to go now they are there!! take care and take safe!!

I just received a PM asking for photo's; hopefully this works:

and

I had a few scratches on the outside of the boat when I removed them but nothing near as much as I did before I protected the side rails. Worse-case scenario you could add some pipe foam to the outer edge of the boat where the tube comes in contact with the side-wall.