Thread: POW Redneck Barge (and family photo)

Default POW Redneck Barge (and family photo)

Well I was at the dock tonight to clean a rental boat and some client fish. Found A local who decided to build the ultimate redneck fishing vessel. Log raft with a hot tub, downrigger, motor, and registered with AK numbers and all. Unreal.

Second photo is 3 generations of some clients, look at how happy the youngster is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

As a side note he doesn't drink anymore but he figured it would look more official with a case of bud on board and posed with one for the photo. Gotta appreciate the thought process.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Before I opened up the pic I thought you were talking about my buddy Ray from Thorne Bay....

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Well I was at the dock tonight to clean a rental boat and some client fish. Found A local who decided to build the ultimate redneck fishing vessel. Log raft with a hot tub, downrigger, motor, and registered with AK numbers and all. Unreal.

Second photo is 3 generations of some clients, look at how happy the youngster is.
    Thats my buddy Randy! LM*O! He used to gillnet PWS, he's from like klawok or Craig or whatever. You hit the nail on the head w/ the Redneck title. I remember the fateful day Randy was forced into early retirement like it was yesterday. There was about 8 boats gillnetting Eshamy bay the latter half of Aug. 2002 We were trying to avoid the hordes of pinks to get a few socks. The weather turned foul (7 of us went and threw the pick) and started blowing 35 from the northeast pushing a wall of pinks in the bay. Randy had his deep net deployed off the back wall of Eshamy. You guessed, he got slammed w/ about 12,000lbs of pink and threw his back out. Randy sold his PWS permit and took his bowpicker to SE. He was in Cordova visiting this spring, he never mentioned the redneck barge tho lol

That is really funny. Looking forward to seeing this first hand in about three weeks. I am having a hard time waiting to get up there. Have the ocean silvers, later run, started showing up? I'll be calling next week for a first hand update. Thanks for posting.

Default Silvers

They have been rolling in on and off. been tough a few days and today a few limits came in. Biggest I cleaned today was 11# so nice fish. Some nice kings as well, two over 30# the last two days. Should be pretty good fishing!

Mike
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Epic boat. Thats true redneck Alaska style.
    Alaska Fishing Forums : They are my addiction!