Thread: Boot question

Default Boot question

I have a pair of Lowa's GTX's and went to put them on and the toe on one of them has a dent in it! How in the heck that happened, I have no idea. I can't get it out and was wondering if there is a place in Alaska that anyone would recommending that I get it sent into to get fixed.

Thanks!

Boot Country. I believe it is on old seward near diamond in anchorage. I had some boots sewn there and they did decent work.

+1

A pal had some boot work done at Boot Country as well and was pleased.

I had this happen to me once in the field. I found a river rock that was the right size and warmed it by the fire and pressed it into the toe of the boot and resheaped it. If you try this do not heat the rock to much just warm it.

I think AK Mountianeering & Hiking (in Anchorage) also does "customized" boot repair.
    Gary

I'd call or go in to Barney's and ask them who they would suggest you take them to.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

I've had Boot Country do a couple of repairs for me and they are fast, quality, and very reasonably priced.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

crazedBOWhunter

I wish I had some knowledge to throw your way, but I don't. I'm just curious how you like your GTXs...Just picked up a pair myself and starting to break em in for my Brookes Range hunt coming up in August.

There's nothing in the toes of Lowas that would be hard to push back out. Why not use a shoe tree like your grandpa probably used to use? They're still available.

Thanks for all the replies. I love my Lowa's! Won't be hunting without them. Almost ordered another pair, but pretty much fixed them. I heated to boot up inside and out with a hair dryer and pushed the dents out. For the most part got it all out. Am going to do it again with what I think Mr. Pid brought up, a shoe tree. They are ready to sheep hunt!