Thread: Please Help????

Default Please Help????

We bought a little brother to my 08 Ranger XP (Orange Crush), its a 2010 RZR S (Orange Madness), drives like a Corvette compared to the Ranger. Well my kid got it stuck in a creek. I told her to shut it off, then we got it out of the creek and I towed it home as it would not start. At home I pulled the plugs, cleared the cylinders, drained and changed the oil (it was only slightly milky), drained and changed all of the other fluids they were very milky), opened and drained all the water out of the belt case, drained the filter box, and ordered a snorkel kit. I got it started to run the oil through the motor to do another change but it only ran for about 3 minutes and died. Now I can't get it started again. Any ideas? I guess next I will drain the gas tank, but what about the fuel line? I'm open to all suggestions. Dang I hate it when my toys are broken, I have that rock in the bottom of the gut feeling, band new RZR and its all apart in my garage! AHHHH!.......day 2......Okay, I drained and cleaned out the gas tank, it had water in it. Disconnected and blew out the fuel line, pulled the throttle body and blew it out. Added gas and primed the injectors, it started and ran for about 10 seconds and died again, now it wont start. Thanks for all the help, next I'll take care of all of the electrical components and see if that works. Let me know if you all can think of anything else. Thanks again. Kort

Kort,
    Try posting your question in the tech forum on www.rzrforums,net.

Many of the newer quads and SXS's need to have the battery disconnected/reconnected to "reset" trouble codes. I'm guessing playing submarine with it may have set some trouble code or another.

I checked it, no fault codes. I'm guessing it has to do with water somewhere still. ???????

Try pulling all of the electrical quick connects apart, blow them out with canned air, and snap them back together. Ya never know.....

If you are priming the imjectors and it runs a touch, I would look for a fuel filter or trap in the line and drain/replace it.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Thanks everyone , I got it running good now.

What did the problem end up being?

Not 100 percent sure if the problem could be narrowed down to 1 thing but I will tell you everything that I did, maybe it will help someone in the future. First of all I drained all of the fluids including the gas. Everything had water in it except for the front differential. I pulled the gas line and blew it out with air, pulled the gas pump out and cleaned the inside of the tank with a rag (there was a small amount of silt in the tank). I opened the rail up and blew it out with air, there was also water in it. Pulled the throttle body out and cleaned it with air. Pulled all of the electrical connectors blew them out and greased them up with dielectric grease. Opened the belt cover, it had about 3 gallons of water in it. Pulled the spark plugs many times and cranked the moter over to blow any water out of the cylinders. I greased both ends of the plug wires also. When I added gas I also put half a bottle of Heat in it to help disperse any water out of the fuel system that I didnt get to. The final thing I did was add a snorkle kit from Extream Snorkles, this also came with line extentions for all the breather lines, I ran them all the way to the top of the roll cage. I thought about making my own snorkel but didn't want to hassle with it, in hindsight I wish I would have it would have saved me about a $100. I think I'm going to snorkel my Ranger now, but I'll be making my own this time. The RZR runs like its brand new now, as it is only a week old, Oh happy times again!