Thread: some common sense has prevailed in unit 13 (from KENI website)

Default some common sense has prevailed in unit 13 (from KENI website)

Village-only hunt ruled unconstitutional

A judge in Kenai ruled that the Ahtna community hunt violates the "common use" clause of the state constitution.
    By Mary Pemberton, Associated Press
    Saturday, July 17, 2010
    ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) _ A state judge has ruled that a community hunt reserved for eight Native villages is illegal because it violates the Alaska constitution.

While acknowledging that traditional, local hunters face unfair competition from non-local hunters who have more money and are better equipped, Kenai Superior Court Judge Carl Bauman ruled that the Ahtna community hunt violates the state constitution because it is for locals only.

The court also found a problem with the Alaska Board of Game handing over administration of the hunt to Ahtna Inc., the regional Native corporation. The court says the board is not authorized to hand over control of the state's game resources to a private entity.

The community hunt for Nelchina caribou was approved by the board in spring 2009

*YAWN!* (we should all refudiate this thread!)

Default before you "refudiate"

maybe you can tell us all what it means.

sh, I think you are misunderestimating Gogoalie and his choice of words, but the english language is a living language and therefore he shall be awarded tripled point score.... End Game

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

too funny, no such word.

but if he wants to "repudiate", well ok. the constitution calls for equal protection and access to resources, not for a few villages to dole out as they please.

Agreed sh.

I think the point was that this is probably the 4th or 5th thread specifically about this court decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    sh, I think you are misunderestimating Gogoalie and his choice of words, but the english language is a living language and therefore he shall be awarded tripled point score.... End Game
    With a plethora of words in my vocabulary, I second retyo's motion. That is a fine word and yes, I get it goalie.

Well done, despite the spelling nazis' protests.

This horse has been flogged pretty good, but guys, it's not over. Call the Governor's office and tell them to NOT appeal this decision. If they appeal and win, we will lose it all. Within a few years the whole state will have local community harvests for local people, and we will be screwed. All of us hunters will be crammed in to a few areas - South of Fairbanks, Susitna drainage north of Anchorage, etc. - with not many animals to hunt. This is what they have planned.

After reading about Palin's latest escapades, I understand the usage of "refudiate."

I myself hope they take it to court and win. The courts are out of controll. How many here yelled foul when the judge in california held up carring gun in parks.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerofdreams View Post
    After reading about Palin's latest escapades, I understand the usage of "refudiate."

yet no one caught the {misunderestimate} lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    *YAWN!* (we should all refudiate this thread!)
    There are times GG when you are the mostest ununderstangable poster on the forum.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~