Thread: snow machine advice

Default snow machine advice

I have never had my own snow machine, only ridden once. What should I look for when I go to purchase one? I don't want to spend a ton of money because I might be leaving next summer. It doesn't have to be really fast but I want to do some back country hunting this winter.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
    i have never had my own snow machine, only ridden once. What should i look for when i go to purchase one? I don't want to spend a ton of money because i might be leaving next summer. It doesn't have to be really fast but i want to do some back country hunting this winter.

Aaron

RENTALS may be your best choice for your situation.

maybe look at ski doo tundras the fan cooled are pretty cheap compared to most other machines and they get around well in the backcountry. arctic cat bearcats are not too bad either. Im not a huge fan of either machine but if you dont need a fast one but want a good hunting rig for a reasonable price they will be good. the newer four strokes look nice but pretty pricey. Im sure you can find some nice deals on some used machines if your only going to use it for a year. renting isn't an option many places in AK depending on where you live.

Search craigslist or alaskaslist for a fan cooled machine or like a 500 or 600 max with ice picks and low miles if possible. The "wifes sled" line usually attracts buyers too. Good luck