Thread: Tiekel River?

Default Tiekel River?

Anyone have any experience with the Tiekel River?

Not to long ago I came across a web site that listed which fish were present in certain waterways for the state of AK. I believe it was a state site but now cannot find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by rippinlip View Post
    Not to long ago I came across a web site that listed which fish were present in certain waterways for the state of AK. I believe it was a state site but now cannot find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Here you go:

http://sf.adfg.state.ak.us/SARR/surv...shSurv_ims.cfm

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

thats it! thanks bigcox.

Last year on the way to Valdez, hubby and I stopped by a tried a few casts using various fly patterns. Did fairly good but dollies are really small. Beautiful fish though. Pretty stream when low and clear. Haven't heard or read about anything else in there. Someone said salmon a while back but think there is a set of falls lower down that prevents salmon coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by kimjn View Post
    Last year on the way to Valdez, hubby and I stopped by a tried a few casts using various fly patterns. Did fairly good but dollies are really small. Beautiful fish though. Pretty stream when low and clear. Haven't heard or read about anything else in there. Someone said salmon a while back but think there is a set of falls lower down that prevents salmon coming up?
    Thats what I had understood. What month were you there?

We were there in latter part of August. Hoping to stop by there again for an hour or so next week as we are heading down to Valdez. Like I said, nothing big, maybe 6 to 10 inches or so. Bright ultra light gear! Have fun!