Thread: New Ruger in town

Default New Ruger in town

I was in Boondocks today and they had one of the new Ruger 375's hanging up on display if anyone is interested.
    I didnt handle the rifle but it sure seemed small for something that can kick!
    Tennessee

Was is it the Alaskan?

Matt,
    I don't know. It was blued/walnut if that helps. The sales clerk was telling me that they had one and pointed towards it.
    Being left handed I wasnt to interested.
    Tennessee

Did you notice the price?

No, sorry.
    Tennessee

Thumbs up Hawkeye African

Saw one at Mt.View on Wed.$950.00 was the price.What a beauty,I'm gonna have one or two of them.Coues

Default nice rifle!

The model at Boondock is an African and sold after three whole hours for something just under $900. It was still there though this afternoon though for inspection. I was impressed, very nice wood and great job on the checkering. The black finish looked nice, we will see how it hold up to Alaska. No Ammo though as has been mentioned. Still it is keeping my interest up for the Alaskan model.
    Dave

Default Ruger Ammo

I had a hard time finding ammo for mine. I bought 3 boxes over the internet and thought I had won the lottery!

Great Northern has one of the African .375 Rugers. Frank thought they would price it under $900.

For those who are interested. The update on the new Ruger in town is it's sold....to me. For those of you who stopped by just to ooh and ah and drool on my rifle, thanks. I haven't received it yet. I thought I had bought one two weeks ago from Texas. I mailed the FFL and then called and it was sold to someone else even after they said they would hold it. After the check came back I found one at Boondocks. The price was the best I've seen at $840. I sent $30 extra for shipping and an FFL. I called yesterday and this morning to confirm that it is still mine. I'll let you know how that comes out.

This is the African model with 23" barrel I haven't seen an Alaskan model advertised. I would not be interested in that because of the stock.

This was my first dealing with Boondocks and so far they have been very good. They held the gun on my word and had the best price. I had sold a couple consignment guns this week and was able to swing the deal. If it's any good and I can shoot it I'll probably take it on a long journey next year to some country with a "Z" in it's name.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I was just handling one today. It is a very nice rifle. Balance was great and it wasn't too heavy. I'm really impressed. I can't wait until they come out with the 338 RUGER in stainless, now that will be a good all around alaskan rifle.

Checked out the 375 ruger at boondocks. Price was 839. Nice rifle too. Guess I better start saving my pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Checked out the 375 ruger at boondocks. Price was 839. Nice rifle too. Guess I better start saving my pennies.
    How did that rifle look? I mean nice wood, good ballance? This is the one I sent a check for. Did you happen to see a tag with my name on it?
    You didn't leave any finger prints, did ya'? :-)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

The tag did have a name on it but I did not catch it.

I though it balanced well and the sights lined right up for me.

I was impressed with it.