Thread: Jim Creek? or Eklutna Trailrace udates?????

Default Jim Creek? or Eklutna Trailrace udates?????

Anybody have an update for Jim creek Reds or Silvers? I hooked what looked like a silver there on Saturday (it tail danced for me) but got off. Also looking for info on the Tailrace.

How were the water levels at Jim?
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

They were up a bit but nothing too bad, the water was more cloudy than in the past.

Was at Eklutna tonight for a little bit, before the clouds opened up on us.

A few fish were seen caught, didn't get any myself. Mix of reds and silvers. Most people were soaking roe, but one guy caught two on a small silver spinner about 1/3 of the way up the race. Enough fish being caught to make me want to go back early in the A.M. to try my luck at getting one of the good spots.

Went down to Jim yesterday for a few hours. About 10 folks out there trying their luck. Most were flipping. I tried throwing some Vibrax. Saw nothing caught. Saw nothing break the surface. Saw one old Red carcas. Water levels are up a little and more cloudy than I remember in the past. Any day now...

been into Jims a couple times... only reds no silvers. (amazing the number of people who can't tell the difference) they can be caught but it's tricky as there aren't alot of them. they come through in 1's and 2's every 10 minutes or so. water is cloudy and the fish are tending to stay out in the silt making it more difficult.

every once in awhile one moved into clearer water and you stand a slim chance but it's a slim one. I'd give it till later in the week or next week more likely.

I am confused, where exactly are you fishing at in Jim Creek? How are you getting to it? Are you able to get to it from the new access area just north of the knik bridge? (It was only a week ago that I drove past there and saw that was opened up again...) Can you drive along the riverbed to where you fish?

fished the tailrace yesterday when it was pouring rain lol. saw 1 fish hooked but the guy lost it. a few rollers but they were not biting thats for sure.. they looked blushed. im assuming they were kings. there are fish in there but you got to be the lucky few to get them to bite on your sack(egg sack that is) LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by ePatrick View Post
    I am confused, where exactly are you fishing at in Jim Creek? How are you getting to it? Are you able to get to it from the new access area just north of the knik bridge? (It was only a week ago that I drove past there and saw that was opened up again...) Can you drive along the riverbed to where you fish?
    Ignore this. I found the answers in another thread. I was just confused because one of the maps I've found said that Jim Creek was closed to fishing, but then I realized it was from 2007.