Thread: Seward Silvers, July 18 2010 update

Default Seward Silvers, July 18 2010 update

I took a few friends fishing on Saturday out of Seward. Fished Pony Cove, Narrows and Agnes Cove area. Did well, caught 25 nice Silvers and 1 nice King (about 25 lbs. King). Fished Downriggers, 8" Chrome Dodgers with Salmon Trolling flies, no bait, 35' to 74' down worked well. Had a great time!

Heidi

You picked the right day. We went out Sunday and it was rainy, windy and lumpy waters. we just got one silver before having to bail due to a sea sick kid.

The fish were there though, we saw others doing well trolling.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    You picked the right day. We went out Sunday and it was rainy, windy and lumpy waters. we just got one silver before having to bail due to a sea sick kid.

The fish were there though, we saw others doing well trolling.
    That pretty much describes my whole weekend......Sea-sick kids, wife, mother-in-law and quite frankly I am sick of people being seasick.....So, I went out solo on Monday and the bite was totally off. Tuesday (today) was flat calm but we had to go. I need a fishing partner (net man) that doesn't turn green, get bored, or otherwise bail. (end rant)

Friday was virtually glass out beyond the Chiswells and all.

Nailed the silvers, lings, rockfish, and halibut...solo!

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Default Salmon Trollers

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    That pretty much describes my whole weekend......Sea-sick kids, wife, mother-in-law and quite frankly I am sick of people being seasick.....So, I went out solo on Monday and the bite was totally off. Tuesday (today) was flat calm but we had to go. I need a fishing partner (net man) that doesn't turn green, get bored, or otherwise bail. (end rant)

I hear ya!!!!! I felt the "pain" all too many times from taking people fishing that aren't fisherpeople, bail at the last minute, get bored or who get seasick. Or they have no idea how to Salmon fish with downriggers, have no idea on speed and boat control, staying away from other boats, rocks, etc. not turning on a dime and crossing lines, going 1.1 mph one minute and 5 mph the next.............etc.......yep I hear ya!

Lets just say I kept my cool, but was I very frustrated on Saturday. If someone checked my blood pressure at the end of Saturdays meat run.................zoooowwweeee! Still had fun though.

Yep, I have had my share of seasick folks also...way too much.

I am a good "net woman" though if that matters.............. ha.....................harmless though! Just love to fish!

Just wanna go fishin' with some "avid" Salmon trollers! I had my boat in Homer last year, this year Seward. So I am new at the Seward boat harbor. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Heidi
    Salmon Chaser
    26' Pursuit
    Seward

AK2AZ - Nice job on the multi species of fish! What size were the Halibut? Good sized eaters? Really fun to have multi species trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon_Chaser View Post
    AK2AZ - Nice job on the multi species of fish! What size were the Halibut? Good sized eaters? Really fun to have multi species trips.
    Just chickens but I never did target them

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Heidi, I run a 28' GC called the Endurance but due to there being a charter with the same name I answer to My Endurance. I often am looking for a fishing partner. Just did a 5 day trip to the sound solo due to no one available to go with me. PM me your schedule and we can put a trip together. Your boat or mine. Ol'Glenn

4425.jpg4426.jpgI too am looking for fishing partner. I have 26 ft Carver, but would be happy paying my own way on your boat. I have lots of experience fishing with down riggers. I know Resurrection bay pretty well. If you need a sober, dependable, middle aged partner, give me a call. 317-4693 after 3:30 pm. Thanks, Ken
    NRA Lifetime Member

For anyone wanting/needing people to fish with, my wife and I are trying to get out for some silvers from Seward. We don't have a boat currently, but I grew up on them and know my way around pretty well. I'm not a trolling genius, since we never ran down-riggers, but I've done it on charters before. Generally I prefer mooching.

Anyway, we're willing to pay our share of gas, bait, launch fees, etc. We just need someone willing to take us out. I don't get seasick, wife can if the seas are rolling just right, but usually doesn't.

We'd be happy to keep you company and catch some fish!

Hi Ken and Glen - Thanks for the responses. I am pretty fun to fish with so I am told. I have a friend who is a charter Captain in Seward also that knows me pretty well and I have fished with him several times, if you guys need a character reference. I am normal............just love to fish! Ha!

I work M- F, so pretty much weekend fishing for me. I will get back to both of you.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Attachment 36794Attachment 36793
    We got out Sat 17 also and had little luck with the silvers at Pony. Our skills of trolling arent the best and catching no fish gets real boreing for the girls. We always have had good luck when the weather permits us to get out by the chiswells for lings and blacks though! We saw some pretty questionable Lings brought in by the charters friday night, they didnt look anywhere close to this size. The 35" lings we threw back looked bigger than the ones hanging on the hooks in Seward. We were pretty happy to be rewarded with bigger ones when we put back the minimum sized ones.