Thread: bunny galore

Default bunny galore

Headed up the Glenn aways lookin to get some bunnies.Was out that way a week ago ,and seen an unbelievable amount of tracks ,,right near the highway.Just hoping im not gonna be on some private property.I didnt see no signs,but maybe there buried.Ill report back tomorrow evening.

Let us know how ya' do. Was lookin' at renewin' the license early and headin' up north aways for rabbit. Was also thinkin' 'bout indian valley, anyone been down there recently??

Thanks,

~Jon

how was it dan? i got out on the flats but the snow crust killed me, forgot my Sshoes, picked up one quick and jumped two quiet a ways out, lots of noise. i think someone ran a dog thru there recently, you can always tell when a dog goes thru, the rabbits get different than usual.
    good luck
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Like my old uncle usta say to me "Boy you can't eat rabbit tracks." Kinda hurt my feelings. Got over it tho. Yuk Yuk

Default wabbits

There's plenty around fairbanks if you stick to the willows, a pair of snowshoes and a 22= heaven ;0)~

Well i went out on thursday and I saw 3 but only got 1 rabbit.It was tough going with the snowshoes,but I had a good time.Nice to be out,the weather was warm.But the sun was killer on the eyes from the glare coming off the snow.I wished i had more hunters with me to get the bunnies moving.My son had to work and so did my brother,so i solo hunted.Thank God I had my .22 magnum for its stopping power.LOL..Or that rabbit would have had me.I only do head shots so it makes a lil more challenging ,waiting for them to stop for a sec .I like the ones that are sitting there sunning themselves,,Easy Pickens....

Dan...what grain of bullet did you use for them? 36? Were they reloads or Barnes or what? I dont want to be out there alone and not have enough stopping power either
    Formerly known as one who clings to guns and religion

i meant to ask whats the best back up handgun for rabbit hunting? i'm stuck between carrying my shotgun with slugs or short 454 any thoughts? i'm not looking for long range, just the "in case" situations...?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

LOL...thats good brown bear...Tell you what,I was packin my .41 mag stuffed with 250 grain cast cores.But even then i was pretty shaky approaching that downed rabbit.Might be packin some bigger artillery next time.Any suggestions on what I should use on these unstoppable wabbits....

Just make sure ya file the front sight off......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

That would be indecent of you to file your sight off. What is he goign to pick his two front teeth with if you do that?

grizzeyes

Cool

geez, last winter i saw my first batch of bunnies from the LR window. I just took pictures of them. Then for the next few days I heard someone popping off on a few occasions.

yeah rabbits are made to be eaten. If you dont get after them someone or something will

Talking Killer Wabbits, Caution Graphic Photo!!!

These 3 were in the Fairbanks Outback Gang, they jumped me and my hunting buddy while we were trying to call in a few predators. They almost got us, but were able to shut them down with some fancy gun work. They will now be boiled in oil, then into the gravy and be served over some white rice. The wife said rabbits are for petting not for eating. I guess she will be have a PBJ. LOL

Steve

Last edited by stid2677; 03-04-2007 at 22:46. Reason: spelling