Thread: arctic cat diesel

Smile arctic cat diesel

Anyone have any experience with the new arctic cat diesel 4-wheelers? looking to by two new ones but looking for any feed back first. thanks

I haven't even heard of them making a diesel. Interesting. Don't you think it might be a little heavy?

I've ridden a demo. They are slow and heavy, but man can they pull. Absolute tanks at pulling. The reason for their development was to compete for consideration by the U.S. Military. I'd only consider one if I had a need for an ATV in a heavy equipment construction business or a farm.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I wonder why they are trying this out? It seems to me Polaris tried this a few yrs back and they didn't sell very well and got dropped from the line-up...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Never heard about this, but sounds pretty neat. I'd like to try out a diesel quad. Now they just need to be turbo'ed, put a tuner on it, straight exhaust/stacks, bigger injectors and gauges and that'll solve the slow issue with it...rollin coal on a fourwheeler I imagine the weight would become an issue though...unless you really needed all that torque.

It's about #175 more than a 550H1 EFI. Just got to remember to bring your own spare fuel and don't ever sink the thing in the water. Getting one that sucked water going again would be a pain.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Look at them years ago but a dealer up here said they had trouble starting in the cold. Dunno
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"