Thread: Kasilof Kings / Lost Rod

Default Kasilof Kings / Lost Rod

Not much reporting going on for this fishery so I figured I'd share my trip and see how everyone else is doing.

Took the family out and fished the Kasilof for kings on Saturday from the bridge all the way down to the cabins. Weather was cold, about 43 degrees, with pretty high water and not very many boats fishing. Nothing was going on above Cohoe Cove but we saw 5-6 kings landed from there all the way down to last chance. We fished the standard mix of spin-n-glos with eggs and kwikfish with no luck, just wasn't our day. Didn't see anyone fishing for reds, must all be dipnetting.

I also lost a brand new G. Loomis rod with a Shimano Tekota reel in the water just below Cohoe Cove, an expensive reminder to pay attention to the river and not the people in your boat. Don't imagine I'll ever see it again but I'll offer a reward to anyone who finds it. email to:

I'm planning on spending more time trying in the next week or two, hoping for more fish and less water.

I took my wife, and my 8 year old son out on the Kasilof on Saturday with 2 friends from Drifting on the Fly. We hooked into 4 kings, and landed 3. We hooked one above Peoples Hole and 3 below Satellite. Using the same Kwikfish and Spin-n-glos. It was cold and dreary day, but a good day of fishing. I dont expect to get back down before the 31st. I hope you get your rod back. Good Luck.