Thread: Nosler Partition - 250 Grain .338

Default Nosler Partition - 250 Grain .338

I've been loading 250 gr. Nosler Partition bullets for my .338 Win Mag for many, many years. I bought a couple boxes of bullets about six months ago because my stock of loaded ammo for this rifle is just about gone. I loaded fifty rounds today and noticed these bullets no longer have a crimp cannelure. I don't need the cannelure but does anyone know when Nosler stopped putting the cannelure on these bullets? Wonder if this is going to have an effect on my accuracy or point of impact?
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

It shouldn't affect anything, but the only way to really find out is to load some up and get intimate with your rifle for a little while.

Yep, I get intimate with this rifle often. Loaded up fifty rounds last weekend but was wondering if anyone knows when the crimp cannelure was removed.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Try going to the source. They have always been super helpful when I have called. Nosler 1-800-285-3701
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I have always had good results with:
    338 Win Mag
    Reloader 19 with the 225gr bullets
    Reloader 22 with the 250gr bullets

The last time I saw a cannelure on a nosler partition was on some 130 grain 270's about forty years ago. I do not know about the 338 250 grains because I have only used the 210 grain partition in my 338.

The dates on my reloads show 1998 and 2000 so I know the bullets were bought around 15 years ago. Anyway, the newer bullets without the cannelure shoot exactly the same. Point of impact is the same and as always, accuracy is superb.