Thread: Smilies and rep questions.

Default Smilies and rep questions.

Since the new forum upgrade I have a few questions.

1. I am having intermittent issues leaving rep for others. The rep box opens up underneath the advertisement below. You can see the rep box opened, but not type in your comment. Has anyone else seen this?
    2. The smilies are not available in the quick reply box like they are in the post new thread box. If you use post new thread then you canít quote others but you have smilies. If you use quick reply you can quote but donít have smilies. I have been able to open the smilies page from the link at the bottom of the page and copy paste form there but itís a hassel.

Any one have any solutions to these?

1- It is a browser issue. What browser are you using?

2- After getting to the quick reply box, click the "Go Advanced" box at the lower right. You'll get your smilies and much, much more.

BTW, you can quote anything anywhere with copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) as long as you put the quote tags around it. So at the beginning you put [ QUOTE ] without any spaces and at the end you put [ /QUOTE ] without any spaces between the brackets.

The end result is that whatever you put between the QUOTE tags will be in a quote box.

Oh, one more thing... you can do all your quoting and typing in the quick reply box, then hit the go advanced button to add smilies from the right hand pane. Your post will follow from quick to advanced. They've expanded the smilies to include all kinds of new things, which open in a new floating window if you click the "more" link.

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    1- It is a browser issue. What browser are you using?

2- After getting to the quick reply box, click the "Go Advanced" box at the lower right. You'll get your smilies and much, much more.

BTW, you can quote anything anywhere with copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) as long as you put the quote tags around it. So at the beginning you put [ QUOTE ] without any spaces and at the end you put [ /QUOTE ] without any spaces between the brackets.

Oh, one more thing... you can do all your quoting and typing in the quick reply box, then hit the go advanced button to add smilies from the right hand pane. Your post will follow from quick to advanced. They've expanded the smilies to include all kinds of new things, which open in a new floating window if you click the "more" link.

I'm using an older browser not sure wich one, but your advice totally answered my quoting and smiley issues (test)

Have you seen the rep problem yet or is it my browser?

Thanks for the help...+1 to you.

Cant rep ya 1. cant see the box...2. what I can see says I gotta spread the love.
    Last edited by northriver21; 07-18-2010 at 09:31. Reason: Rep comment

I noticed the size/layout issues when looking at the forum from work under the antiquated Internet Explorer 6. I personally use FireFox which naturally has zero problems, being it isn't a MicroSoft Windows product, but actually originated way, way back in the Apple realm (it was originally called Netscape).
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Yes, I am using my work computer now and it is using an older IE version. I will try from my Laptop wich is running IE8 and see if it makes a diff..

Thanks again for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    I personally use FireFox which naturally has zero problems,
    Except for sites that are designed to either not-use firefox (despite it being the default browser), or designed to fail unless you're using MSIE. Shame on both those types of sites.

The HP ordering online program is an example of the former. Flickr upload is an example of the latter. Both fairly prominent sites.

I've never used either of those, and probably never will. I hate HP stuff almost as much as MS stuff. If it's prints for me, it has to be a Canon.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!