Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poker Run

Smile Poker Run

Anyone going up to the Poker run At Eurka Lodge next weekend?
    The son inlaw gots the wife and I sinned up for it hope the weathers good

Ya, we are headed up friday evening. We have gone the last two years and always had a great time. Prepare for any kind of weather. First year was rain, wind, and cold (we had snow and sleet on the trail). Last year was hot and sunny. Don't forget to bring money for the entry fee. We forgot last year (I usually don't carry cash) and had to run up th road about 20 miles toward Glennallen to Grizzly Grocery to use an ATM.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

sounds great to me..whats the entry fee, and when does it start ?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

It is a Performance Yamaha Customer Appreciation Event. Contact Performance Yamaha in Wasilla for details. If you are a Performance Yamaha customer you should have gotten a flyer in the mail.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by jbswasilla View Post
    ...the wife and I sinned up for it...
    Great Freudian slip! Stop bragging! LOL

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

The fiancé, I and her daughter, along with about 10 others will be there. Poker run Saturday then a fun ride out to monument on Sunday. We are staying at slide mountain but will be havin a beer or two with friends at the gravel pit sat night.

Default more info

Their web site is pretty vague on the details:
    http://www.performanceyamahaak.com/e...p?event=446468

Likely someone here works there and can tell'm to go update their site?

Might go if I get my winch back for the ranger.

Default Poker Run was fun...but costly this year!!!

Well, we had a great time at the poker run this year. The front wheel bearing went out on the Rhino heading down the back side of monument on the way toward the little nilchina river. Not much I could do on the trail but try to limp out on my own as far as I could. I made it back up to the top of monument and about 2 miles further on my own. I finally had to winch myself up on to the back of my buddies Rhino, remove the wheel and got towed out the rest of the way. The good news is that I won second place with a "full house" (Aces over Kings)...that paid out $300 so at least it offset some of the repair cost. We will be back again next year...and the Rhino will be better than new!!!

Rhino Damage 2010 Poker Run.jpg
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    Well, we had a great time at the poker run this year. The front wheel bearing went out on the Rhino heading down the back side of monument on the way toward the little nilchina river. Not much I could do on the trail but try to limp out on my own as far as I could. I made it back up to the top of monument and about 2 miles further on my own. I finally had to winch myself up on to the back of my buddies Rhino, remove the wheel and got towed out the rest of the way. The good news is that I won second place with a "full house" (Aces over Kings)...that paid out $300 so at least it offset some of the repair cost. We will be back again next year...and the Rhino will be better than new!!!

Rhino Damage 2010 Poker Run.jpg
    I didn't know that was you! I was on my 6x6, stopped to see if you needed a hand as you guys were hooking it up. The run was a good one, every one had a good time. Had a lady roll her wheeler in front of me dropping down the last hill be for heading up monument (going in), then along the hwy a side by side rolled. Husband, wife, 3 kids and a dog. Wasn't good, lady got hurt pretty bad, kids were shakin, couple bumps, but ok. Still not sure how they rolled in that spot? Almost level ground, wide spot. Anyone know these people?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    I didn't know that was you! I was on my 6x6, stopped to see if you needed a hand as you guys were hooking it up. The run was a good one, every one had a good time. Had a lady roll her wheeler in front of me dropping down the last hill be for heading up monument (going in), then along the hwy a side by side rolled. Husband, wife, 3 kids and a dog. Wasn't good, lady got hurt pretty bad, kids were shakin, couple bumps, but ok. Still not sure how they rolled in that spot? Almost level ground, wide spot. Anyone know these people?
    Ya, that was me!!! Thanks for stopping and seeing if we needed help. Wish I would have known that was you. We limped on home...made better time than I thought we would.

As for the ranger that rolled...the wife had never driven before. I have a buddy that knew them. She made a turn too fast and it tipped on its side. She stuck her leg out (instinct) and her femur broke under the weight. We watched her get medi-vaced out. Her kids were ok...but shaken up like you said. Their dog also got hurt (leg I believe). I hope they are ok!!! Both the husband and the wife seemed inexperienced. They caught my attention early on in the day with a few things that they were doing. You could tell they had not had a lot of time in the Ranger. Not bashing by any means...I feel real bad she got hurt. We were all inexperience at one time. I just hope this one event does not ruin it for the whole family.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

i wonder will have other poker run at jim creek this oct? i need to know what the date so i can make a plan to attend with my family and friend

Crazy,

Not sure if our Jim Creek PR will happen this year.... My wife booked us on a cruise for the first part of October and AKmuddy will be busy as well so unless someone else wants to run with it we may have to miss this year.

If there is someone who wants to head the run up, I can meet with them and lay out how we planned/ran it the last two years. I also still have all the laminated signs we used as well.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I will bring it up at the ATV club meeting tomorrow. Pretty sure we can take it over for this fall and keep it going.

The ATV club has decided to go ahead and sponsor the poker run this fall. We are working on the permits and putting together the package. Mike Echo is working it along with Steve (the guy that gives out the prizes each spring at Jim Creek) It will be the first week of October as usual.
    Last edited by Rich_in_AK; 08-07-2010 at 13:33. Reason: change

Will that be Oct 2 or Oct 9th?

The exact date has not been determined yet.

Hi, this is the inexperienced owner of the ranger that rolled. Me and the kids are ok and the dog broke a toe. The wife broke her femur and a bone in her foot and is doing good. We were headed back to camp and she started to drift to a Pole so she turned hard towards the road and when she reached the road turned back hard to the trail and before I was able to grab the wheel she turned hard back up the towards the road causing us to flip over. And as far as the experience we have owned the ranger for a year it's the second time at this poker run and have over 1500 miles on it and we own snowmachines and I just quit racing motocross in 07. . It was not the first time for the wife to drive but she has not drove much. She over corrected and then her instinct (bad one) to put her leg out. Good thing for my inexperience and teaching the kids to wear helmets and seat belts (which more than 3/4 of the people dont) or it would have been very bad. Thanks for all the people there that helped and for all the well wishes. Also for performance yamaha for sending a get well card and a gift certificate and putting on a great event.

Quote Originally Posted by Akquad12 View Post
    Hi, this is the inexperienced owner of the ranger that rolled. Me and the kids are ok and the dog broke a toe. The wife broke her femur and a bone in her foot and is doing good. We were headed back to camp and she started to drift to a Pole so she turned hard towards the road and when she reached the road turned back hard to the trail and before I was able to grab the wheel she turned hard back up the towards the road causing us to flip over. And as far as the experience we have owned the ranger for a year it's the second time at this poker run and have over 1500 miles on it and we own snowmachines and I just quit racing motocross in 07. . It was not the first time for the wife to drive but she has not drove much. She over corrected and then her instinct (bad one) to put her leg out. Good thing for my inexperience and teaching the kids to wear helmets and seat belts (which more than 3/4 of the people dont) or it would have been very bad. Thanks for all the people there that helped and for all the well wishes. Also for performance yamaha for sending a get well card and a gift certificate and putting on a great event.
    Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope the wife heals up good as new and I hope all of you get back out on the trails as soon as possible.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast