Thread: Alaskan fishing trip advice 2011

Smile Alaskan fishing trip advice 2011

My sister wants to buy her husband an Alaska fishing trip for his birthday. Any advice ? I was thinking maybe a package on the kenai for silvers ,halibut,& place to stay. Thanks ,TY

I've used these guys a few times with good results: www.highadventureair.com/ - High Adventure Air - Soldotna
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I would think about what type of fisherman they are and what experience they want to have, the options are endless, A DIY trip or fully guided in a lodge with meals is the first question I would ask. While KP has it all, it is definitely is busy. Options like Kodiak or POW have a little more solitude. Personally I like Kodiak for the silvers, if they have a little adventure in them

Look up Bob's Piscatorial Pursuit. Excellent guide on the Kasilof (a bit quieter river), and nice guy.

You are doing the right thing by asking early. Most places I have used in the past just about fill up their schedules by Christmas or so (for the high demand dates of late June thru mid August).

My wife and I stay in Soldotna at Caribou Crossing Cabins. The owners are Loren & Dianna Hollers. They not only have the lodging, but can set up SEVERAL nice trip options in a package deal. We always use them as our source / base while in Alaska. The following are the individual services Loren has booked for us and we are extremely happy to pass on.

Alaskan Widespread Fishing Adventures, Inc. They are located in Soldotna. The owner is Reuben. My wife and I will be fishing with him the first part of next week (26th & 28th). We just use his service for the fishing, but his website says he does just about every arrangement you need.

Ninilchik Charters. They offer package deals that are pretty reasonable. Probably could set up just about anything else you would need. The owner is Mike. As with Reuben, we have only used them for the fishing also.
    Good Luck.