Thread: Hardware spooking silvers?

Question Hardware spooking silvers?

Was wondering if I should use a swivel when using spinners for silvers. If I'm switching out regularly, trying to find the "magic" lure, should I use a snap swivel directly to the lure, further up the leader, or will it spook the fish? And what # leader for silvers, and maybe the lucky king bite? Thanks guys for answering my flood of questions. I get on the plane 2morrow, and won't be able to sleep tonight (better than Santa coming in the morning) The guys at my firehouse are seething with jealousy.

Choosing a color with spinners isn't a particularly subtle game. I don't think you'll need to be changing up so often as to need a swivel. You will often find salmon following the thing for a while and then turning away, swivel or no; I wouldn't give them an extra reason to get suspicious. Of course in faster or cloudy water it probably won't matter, but then the color will matter even less.

If it were me...go #6 Vibrax blue no swivel. Pay attention to the method of retrieve, low and slow = fish on!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I would second the vibrax with no swivel but I usually go with a #4 and I like green most of the time and yes to reeling really slow.

Beano, TK421, thanks for your help. Hope to crush'em! Tite lines to all. Fish or fish not, there is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefisher View Post
    Beano, TK421, thanks for your help. Hope to crush'em! Tite lines to all. Fish or fish not, there is no try.
    My TK number is actually TK9234 you can google it or here is the link: http://www.501st.com/members/display...&costumeID=124

good luck...may the fish be with you!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I always use a snap swivel at the end of my line to avoid line twist and to swap out lures. When I fish braided line I tie a small barrel swivel to the end, and then attach a two foot piece of (12 lb) mono and tie my lure with a loop style not. Fishing rivers I like Vibrax size 4 in red, chartreuse, blue, and of course pink.