Thread: Your thoughts on two boats

Default Your thoughts on two boats

Hi all,

I am in the process of deciding on two different boats: 18' Lund Alaskan or a 17.5' Alumacraft Navigator. I need experiences with these boats, so I can decide. Thanks for the input.....

Ron

Can't beat a Lund. Lotsda Lunds in Alaska. Light, durable, versatile.

get the boat that is set up the way you want it. you are comparing chevys to fords here. the motor is more important than the brand of the boat, unless you plan on beating it to death.

Just needing to know how folks like the two, if there is any problems with either people have found, etc.... As for an engine, Evinrude for me, no others exist in my universe : )

Ron

I had a 19' Alumicraft Trophy and my son in law had a 18' Lund Pro V, we fished the same lake's togeather so both boats got the same amount of use. The big difference we noticed was the Lund had a better quality interior, I was alwayse having to tighten things, fix latches,
    and just generally put things back togeather. His Lund just hung in there. As far as the boat structure, both held in there. We alwayse got a laugh out of the advertisements, one had a double thickness bottom from tip the stern and the other from tip to mid way and each companys advertisements were aimed at putting down the other. Lund has since been bought by a large company, I don't know what todays builds are like compared to the original.

The other difference was the company, my Alumacraft was a 1997 and in 2005 the company took the attitude it was such an old boat I should not expect factory support.
    The Lund was a 1995 and we called them just to see how they would act, they were willing to bend over backwards to help out.