Thread: Black bear guides/outfitters?

Default Black bear guides/outfitters?

Greetings.

I'll be in the Juneau area next year during the first two weeks of May and am looking around for a good black bear guide/outfitter. I'm certainly open to hunting areas outside of Juneau as well. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

God bless.
    Fr. Joe

Just do a search in google for Juneau Black Bear guides....I'm sure theres a few that will come up....Just remember to try and support some of the smaller outfits...

If you make it up into Southcentral Alaska, you might consider forum member BRWNBR.
    I have spoke with several of his past clients. All reported that he exceeded their overall expectations on both black bears and brown bears hunts. Every one of them had great professional and fine personal evaluation of him and his operation.

And I would like to agree with OneLung above...please consider smaller outfits that may be able to tailor a hunt to your personal circumstances, needs, and desires. While shopping, contact references. We all got pretty pictures.
    dennis

Well and the big thing with the smaller outfits right now is that they are in danger of loosing permits because I know a few of them are having troubles filling it.

If you send me a PM I can send you some information about some people...