Thread: Looking for some ideas from you all?

Default Looking for some ideas from you all?

Hello all.
    Well am laid up for the rest of the summer due to an ankle surgery. Had some great times this year though.

My question is going to be pretty genaric but hopeing to get some ideas.

We are leaving next spring to go play agian so I am looking for an exciting trip to take in the first part of the year. March and April, I think I will be gone in May.

Fishing steelhead
    Hunting( I hunt with a rifle, muzzleloader and a longbow)

Any type of hunting and or fishing trip will be looked into. I have a couple in mind but usually get some good ideas from you all.

Please PM me if you don't want to put anything out publicly.

Thanks in advance and I hope this year is treating you all very well!

cya
    Jason

Here in AK Jason or are you looking to go outside?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Hey Rick,
    I would prefer here in AK but an definetly not against a great trip outside the state.
    Thanks

Well steelhead fishing in state is well covered in the freshwater fishing section. March and april are too early for bear, how about a fun in the sun hawaii hog hunt?
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

That sounds like fun, have you done the hog hunt? I fished steelhead this spring and am looking to do that again so it is on the list!
    Thanks again

Actually no I havent, the hunt is one I have been dreaming about since my wife did the reasurch. You see I have a strict rule that I don't go where I can't hunt or it never snows. Seems Hawaii has several big game critters to chase and one of the cheapest nonresident hunting licences in the US. It's archery only wich is a major plus too me! My main intorest in going is Muflon sheep but hog hunts are very exciting and wonderful eating!
    BHA Member