Thread: Silvers/Reds. How do I choose???

Default Silvers/Reds. How do I choose???

If I'm fishing in a spot that has both silvers and reds moving thru (say, the Russian confluence, between the 27th and 29th, for example hmmmm), how do I prepare to catch both? I caught reds last year, and I know you have to "floss" them because they're not strikers. So how do I get into silvers if I'm fishing for reds? will the silvers hit the russian flys? I don't want to be casting a lure for silvers in the middle of everyone flipping for reds, and jamming up the game. What do you guys do, what lures, fly vs spin? Please help. I don't want to be that guy out there that you guys are talking about while crashing beers around the fire .

You can floss silvers that are mixed in with the reds. I'm sure some silvers will strike a RR fly, just never used them myself for silvers. If I'm using my bait caster I'll throw vibrax or drift maribou jigs under a bobber. If fly fishing I'll use ESLs or other brightly colored/flashy flys.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Raptor, you're the man. My flight leaves in 4 hours, and I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl!